Celestron NEAF Demo - Save Big!
This item is from the Celestron booth at the NEAF Astronomy Show on April 9/10, 2016. It was shipped to the show from the manufacturer as a new item, unpacked, and shown to the crowd over the weekend, and then re-packed and sold to High Point. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you buy this product:
- We assume all NEAF 2016 demos will have a condition rating of 9.5 to 10 when it ships to the buyer. Each item will be inspected upon arrival at our warehouse, and if the condition isn’t as expected, we will notify the buyer before we ship to give you a chance to cancel or negotiate.
- All NEAF 2016 Demo items come with the full manufacturer’s warranty.
- SHIPMENT: This item will NOT ship until April 14/15, since obviously, it will be busy being oooh’d and ahhh’d by NEAF goers or be in transit until then. You will receive a confirmation email when your purchase ships, just like always. If you have any questions, give us a call or start a chat.
Celestron Echelon 16 X 70 Binocular
- Enjoy low light observing with the Celestron 16 X 70 Echelon binoculars. Their large 70 mm aperture and 4.4 mm exit pupil allow you to see amazing detail, even in the shadows. Also great for astronomy!
- Fully waterproof for protection against the elements and nitrogen-purged to prevent internal fogging.
- The Celestron 16 x 70 Echelon binoculars are hand-assembled in the USA from high quality Japanese optics, using Celestron’s proprietary XLT coating technology for superior optical performance.
- Includes a durable, waterproof hard case for protection.
- Tripod adaptable for long observing sessions or when you want to share the view with others.
Not all binoculars are created equal, especially when they are expected to perform well in low light conditions. Observations during twilight and at night require larger optics to collect as much light as possible, but big lenses alone are not enough to ensure a superior viewing experience. It also takes quality glass and rugged construction to keep your binoculars safe and working well for years to come.
Celestron’s large-aperture Echelon series binoculars were designed for use in low light conditions. Whether you are long-range glassing across a field or valley, or gazing at the splendors of the Milky Way, a pair of Celestron Echelon binoculars will get the job done. With an exit pupil of 4.4mm, these binoculars deliver an amazing amount of light allowing you to see the most detail possible.
With the next to highest magnification in the Echelon series, the 16x70 model offers great magnification for astronomy, and provides enough power to bring small subjects into view, even at long distances.
Superb Optical Quality
Celestron Echelon binoculars sport high quality 70 mm objective lenses made in Japan. Superior BaK-4 prisms were chosen for maximum contrast and sharpness, and all air-to-glass surfaces are multi-coated with Celestron’s proprietary XLT optical coatings—the same high transmission coatings used on our observatory-grade telescopes to increase contrast and resolution.
Assembled in the USA
Celestron Echelon binoculars are manufactured using quality Japanese optics and are assembled by hand by skilled technicians in Southern California.
Each Echelon binocular housing is made of aluminum alloy, keeping it strong yet lightweight, an important factor when considering a big binocular purchase. Durable rubber armor covers the aluminum housing for a slip-free grip and protection against the occasional bump or ding. These binoculars are fully waterproof and are nitrogen-purged to seal the optics against fog, dew, and other forms of moisture. This means you can use your Echelon binocular in damp conditions without having to pack up and call it a day when unexpected weather makes an appearance.
Includes Waterproof Hard Case
Echelon binoculars come with a high quality waterproof hard case for ultimate protection against dust, moisture, and rough handling. A molded foam insert cradles the binoculars perfectly, keeping them safe and sound no matter where your journeys take you!
Echelon binoculars use an individual eye focus system, enabling you to rotate each eyepiece to set the proper focus for your right and left eye. Once set, you should be able to use your binoculars at a moment’s notice and focus sharply at infinity, the normal distance desired for long-range observations. Should you wish to share your binocular with others, it is fast and simple to adjust the focus for their vision requirements.
Extended Eye Relief
The Celestron 16x70 Echelon Binoculars have 18.6 mm of eye relief, making them comfortable for all users, whether they wear eyeglasses or not. The rubber eyecups position your eyes at the perfect distance from the optics for a full field of view.
Echelon binoculars are easily attached to a photographic tripod for extended observing sessions. A binocular tripod adapter (sold separately) is used to make the connection between the binoculars and a standard tripod, and is especially helpful for vibration-free observations of the night sky.