Meade 1.25" Series 4000 ZOOM 8 mm-24 mm Eyepiece
The Meade Series 4000 Zoom is an excellent addition to telescopes of all types, brands, and price levels, whether 60 mm refractor, 8" Dobsonian, 90 mm ETX, or 12" LX200 Schmidt-Cassegrain. Conceived by one of the world's leading designers of photo-optical instruments.
- 7-element system provides an apparent field of 40° at the 24 mm setting, increasing continuously to a 55° field at 8 mm
- The internal zoom optics move on smooth, precisely machined surfaces which maintain optical collimation at all zoom settings
- A scale graduated in 1 mm units indicates the zoom focal length in operation
- All lenses are multi-coated for maximum light transmission and image contrast, while minimizing internal reflections
- The chromed brass barrel is threaded for filters
- With its high-eyepoint optics and foldable rubber eyecup the Meade Series 4000 Zoom Eyepiece is comfortably usable by eyeglass wearers; even with eyeglasses the entire field of view is easily observable