Meade 115 mm Series 6000 Triplet ED APO Refractor W/LX80 Multi Mount
This product has been discontinued and is no longer available from the manufacturer. Recommended alternatives, if available, can be found in the "Accessories You'll Need" section on the lower-left side of this page. If we can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send us an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
This Meade 115 mm Series 6000 Triplet ED APO Refractor is a telescope OTA only, which is designed to be attached to an existing mount and tripod.
- Meade Series 6000 115 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor telescope is a true triple-element Apochromatic Refractor
- The 115 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor by Meade has a 115 mm (4.5") f/7 refractor that has a focal length of 805 mm
- Meade Series 6000 115 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor telescope has a 3" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction
The Meade Series 6000 115 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor Telescope is an impressive instrument that is ideal for astrophotography and wide field observing. The Meade Series 6000 ED APO Triplets are some of the finest refractors, all at a reasonable price.
The Meade Series 6000 115 mm ED APO Triplet is one of the finest on the market and is ideal for crisp, wide field observation and advanced astrophotography. Featuring an impressive 115 mm (4.5") f/7 refractor that has a focal length of 805 mm and super precise dual speed 3" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction for ultra fine focus control, the Meade Series 6000 ED APO Triplet is one of a kind. The 115 mm ED APO Triplet delivers superb contrast and sharpness because of the full multi-coated triplet objective lens that is made from only the highest quality FK61ED (extra-low dispersion) glass. This carefully crafted glass also allows for near zero detectable chromatic aberration or "color fringing". The dual speed 3" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction enables ultra fine focus control delivering clear and crisp imagery. Additional standard equipment and features include a Meade Series 5000 2" diagonal with 99% reflectivity, 8x50 viewfinder, aluminum cradle ring assembly with dovetail compatibility, built in sliding dew shield, and an aluminum hard carry case.
- With multiple operating modes the Meade LX80 Mount can operate as a German Equatorial Mount, a Single Alt Az Mount or a Dual Alt Az Mount
- The weight capacity of the Meade LX80 Mount in German Equatorial mode is 40 lb
- Alt Az mode weight capacity is 40 lb single and 75 lb dual
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount has a sturdy aluminum build with two large tapered roller bearings
- Switching mount modes on the LX80 mount is easy
- The LX80 has precision worm gears with provide for smooth and accurate tracking
- Meade's Smart Drive technology provides periodic error correction that reduces a majority of tracking errors
- The computerized tracking system of the Meade LX80 is powered by AudioStar; AudioStar offers "Astronomer Inside" audio descriptions of the objects the user is viewing
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount comes equipped with large 2" diameter stainless steel legs. Each leg on the LX80 tripod comes with a built in fine tune leg system at the top of each leg. This system allows for small, fine tune adjustments from the top of the tripod
The LX80 offers the versatility every astronomer will want. Easily choose between three configurations: German Equatorial, Alt-Az, and Dual OTA Alt-Az modes. With this ED APO Telescope, the competitively priced and fully featured LX80 is the telescope system you will want.
Now you no longer have to make the difficult decision between the ease of setup and operation of an alt-azimuth mount or the versatility and long duration imaging capability of a German Equatorial Mount. Meade's new LX80 is the only mount that gives you both plus one more - three computerized GoTo mounts for the price of one. The new line of LX80s with Multi-Mount from Meade Instruments is the most innovative and versatile mid-range telescope system available anywhere.