Meade 130 mm ED APO LX850 Telescope W/Starlock
Meade Instruments LX850 featuring Starlock Technology, is an ideal full-package imaging platform. With 39 years of astronomy innovation and experience, Meade Instruments features everything the astrophotographer could want in one outstanding bundle.
- Meade 130 mm ED APO LX850 produces beautifully crisp images, superb contrast and color correction
- Accurate to 1 arcsecond provided by the ultra-high precision German Equatorial Mount
- Automated guiding provided by Starlock Technology
- Computer-assisted polar alignment and a 90 pound weight capacity
- Focuses automatically with an 80 mm refractor thats attached to the mount's saddle plate
All Meade ED APO Triplet Optical Tube Assemblies Include the Following:
- 3-Element Fully Multi-Coated Apochromatic Objective Lenses featuring advanced FK61 (115 mm & 130 mm) or FPL53 (80 mm) extra-low dispersion glass
- 2" Series 5000 Enhanced 99% Reflectivity Slip-fit Diagonal
- 10:1 dual speed Crayford Focusers
- Aluminum Cradle Rings with mounting dovetail
- Sliding Dew Shield
- Hard Case
The LX850 Optical tubes are faster and sharper due to the featured award winning ACF (Advanced Coma-Free) optical design. Exposure times are dramatically shortened at only f/8. Crisp images from edge to edge are possible with high contrast baffling. In addition to the crystal clear view, an internal micro focuser presents two speeds of control at 10:1 ratio and with an ultra solid connection to the primary mirror. This eliminates the need for a mirror lock.
With the muscle to carry large heavy imaging systems and large OTA, the Meade LX850 has a 90 pound instrument load capacity. Featuring a fully computerized GoTo system with included GPS helps you navigate over 144,000 objects, taking you anywhere you wish to go. The Meade LX850 EQ is the basis of any great imaging set up. It features a sturdy tripod, top grade mount materials, is constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum, and its rigorous machine quality provides for a rock solid foundation. Ensuring extra durability is a featured 1.75" stainless steel right accession shaft. 225 tooth aluminum gears and brass worm gears provide for precise and smooth ride.
Starlock Technology is at the heart of the LX850. Starlock Technology makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic. The Starlock technology provides the most accurate readings possible due to the utilization of a dual camera system set side by side. The first camera is an unobtrusive super-wide field; the second is attached to a 80 mm f/5 refractor. Once the assisted alignment procedure is complete, simply veer to a desired object and watch these cameras go to work, immediately capturing a single star. The cameras can read stars as dim as 11th magnitude, however, the brighter the star the faster and more accurately the mount can guide to an accuracy of 1 arcsecond. No need for a separate computer, guider, focusing, or guide star selection with this built in two-camera system. The Starlock technology will even program periodic error correction and will correct for other errors automatically. Drift-method polar alignment can also be done for those in search of extreme tracking and guiding precision.