Meade 80 mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO w/LX80 Mount
This product has been discontinued and is no longer available from the manufacturer. Recommended alternatives, if available, can be found in the "Accessories You'll Need" section on the lower-left side of this page. If we can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send us an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
- Meade Series 6000 80 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor telescope is a true triple-element Apochromatic Refractor
- The 80mm ED Triplet APO Refractor by Meade has a 80 mm (3.1") f/6 refractor that has a focal length of 480 mm
- Meade Series 6000 80 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor telescope has a 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction
- A precise focuser the Meade Series 6000 80mm Refractor has a 10:1 dual speed crayford focuser
- A Meade Series 5000 2" Dielectric Diagonal comes standard with telescope
- Also included with the Meade Series 6000 80mm APO is a hard case and full sized cradle rings
- Optional Accessory - 2 Element Field Flattener
The Meade Series 6000 80 mm ED Triplet APO Refractor Telescope is an impressive instrument that is ideal for astrophotography and wide field observing. The Meade Series 6000 ED APO Triplets are amongst the finest in its class, all at a reasonable price.
The Meade Series 6000 80 mm ED APO Triplet is one of the finest on the market and is ideal for crisp, wide field observation and astrophotography. Featuring an impressive 80mm (3.1") f/6 refractor that has a focal length of 480 mm and super precise dual speed 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction for ultra fine focus control, the Meade Series 6000 ED APO Triplet is one of a kind.
Meade LX80 Mount Features and Specifications:
- With multiple operating modes the Meade LX80 Mount can operate as a German Equatorial Mount, a Single Alt-Az Mount, or a Dual Alt-Az Mount
- The weight capacity of the Meade LX80 Mount in German Equatorial mode is 40 lb
- Alt Az mode weight capacity is 40 lb single and 75 lb dual
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount has a sturdy aluminum build with two large tapered roller bearings
- Switching mount modes on the LX80 mount is easy
- The LX80 has precision worm gears with provide for smooth and accurate tracking
- Meade's Smart Drive technology provides periodic error correction that reduces a majority of tracking errors
- The computerized tracking system of the Meade LX80 is powered by AudioStar. AudioStar offers "Astronomer Inside" audio descriptions of the objects the user is viewing
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount comes equipped with large 2" diameter stainless steel legs. Each leg on the LX80 tripod comes with a built in fine tune leg system at the top of each leg. This system allows for small, fine tune adjustments from the top of the tripod