This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.
We purchased Celestron's entire remaining inventory of the famous CG5 Computerized EQ Mount so we could offer them to you at an great price. Get them while you can, once they're gone, they're gone!
The Celestron CG5 Mount is a full scale computerized German Equatorial Mount. The Celestron CG5 German Equatorial Mount has been a solid Go-To Mount for years.
The Celestron CG5 Mount Computerized Go-To Mount:
- Celestron CG5 Go To Mount Offers a 35 lb Weight Capacity
- The Celestron CG5 Mount sits on sturdy 2" tripod legs
- The Celestron CG5 Mount has a 40,000 Celestial Object Data Base
- The Celestron CG5 Mount features a convenient latitude scale for easy alignment
- Celestron CG5 Mount Features Optional Polar Scope for increased alignment accuracy.
The Celestron CG5 has a weight capacity of up to 35 pounds and has a slewing speed of 4 degrees per second. The Celestron CG5 Advanced Computerized Telescope Mount has an very sturdy steel tripod that features 2" diameter legs. This tripod does a great job of dampening any vibrations which makes the Celestron CG5 Mount a great light mount for astro photography. The Celestron CG5 Mount comes with Celestron's latest software package that is equipped with over 40,000 objects in it's database.
The Celestron CG5 Computerized Mount features percision worm gears on both axes for smooth movement and stable viewing. Overall, the Celestron CG5 Mount delivers an amazingly accurate location of virtually object and tracks with ultimate percision so you can take stunning images of the night sky! The Celestron CG5 Computerized EQ Mount comes with a full 2 year warranty from Celestron.
Celestron CG5 Mount Specifications & Features
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German Equatorial mount (same as supplied with Advanced Series GT telescopes)
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)