Save $200 on the Meade LS 6 ACF Telescope System from now until March 31st or while supplies last. The $200 Instant Rebate is reflected in the price.
The revolutionary ETX-LS astronomical telescope features the most advanced electronics and optics ever applied to a consumer telescope. Meade is producing the easiest-to-use, most entertaining, educational, high performance telescope on the market by combining LightSwitch Technology, Advanced Coma Free Optics (ACF), Astronomer Inside multimedia output and a completely new mechanical design.
- Alignment system for completely hands free alignment. Using the Integrated Sensor Module and the built-in ECLIPS CCD imager on the telescope tube, our LightSwitch Technology allows the telescope to completely align itself with the sky without any input from the user. The user simply flips the LightSwitch on and the telescope finds its location, time, date, north, level, then locates and centers the alignment stars for a perfect alignment every time without user input.
- Single arm fork Altitude-Azimuth (Alt-Az) mount.
- Rigid structure with large precision roller bearings on both axis designed to carry large OTAs.
- Precision worm gear drives with 4.875" main gears in both axis for smooth and accurate tracking and slewing.
- Long fork arm length to allow clearance with the base for most cameras.
- Runs on internal "C" cell batteries for portable field operation.
- Hand control holder built into base.
- Off-On LightSwitch.
- USB and other ports for accessory equipment.
- Heavy-duty stable tripod with quick attachment of the mount.
- 6" ACF optical tube assembly (OTA)
- Advanced Coma-Free optical system for performance that only professionals or extreme amateurs have had. 6" clear aperture with 1524mm focal length for an f/10 system.
- Standard SC threaded back cell that accepts most existing accessories designed for all Schmidt-Cassegrain models over the last 30 years.
- Integrated Sensor Module (ISM) with GPS and Level North Technologies (LNT).
- Electronically Controlled Locate Identify Position System (ECLIPS) CCD imaging module.
- Multimedia output - Professionally produced audio and video content for hundreds of objects and custom guided tours designed for your location, time and date. Multimedia presentations feature the voices of Sandy Woods of "Star Date" astronomy radio program and George Woods, Hollywood actor and the voice on many productions. Built-in speaker in drive base and audio out jack for audio instructions and object descriptions. Video out for video presentations and images of many objects, instant display of images from the ECLIPS imager and easy on-screen menu navigation.
- AutoStar III hand controller - Easily control telescope for automatic location of objects, tours and many other features. Approximately 100,000 objects in database. ECLIPS CCD Imager
- Essential part of the LightSwitch alignment system.
- Sensitive wide-angle color 640x480 CCD imager for taking your own astrophotographs.
- Save your photos on a SD card (user supplied).
- With a video monitor connected to the video out jack, see real-time images of the objects you see in the eyepiece.
- New Electronics:
- Full USB support for accessories like additional DSI CCD cameras.
- SD card slot for easy software upgrades and storing your astrophotographs.