Meade 6" LX80 with Meade LX80 Multi Mount 0610-08-01
The 6" LX 80 is a great telescope for a beginner looking to take that next step in the hobby. With the LX80 you get classic Meade Schmidt Cassegrain Optics and the flexible LX80 Multi Mount.
Having built a reputation on optical quality the Meade 6" SCT Optical Tube does not disappoint. Meade uses Water White glass which allows for maximum light transmission. Meade has added UHTC Coatings to each SCT as they generates a 15% increase in light transmission when compared to standard coatings. Each primary mirror on Meade Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes is over sized for superior light collection, thereby making your view of the night sky the best and brightest it can be.
Meade LX80 Multi Mount & Tripod with Meade AudioStar
The Meade LX80 Mount is an innovative and value packed multi-mount that has features of mounts two times it's price.
- With multiple operating modes the Meade LX80 Mount can operate as a German Equatorial Mount, a Single Alt Az Mount or a Dual Alt Az Mount.
- The weight capacity of the Meade LX80 Mount in German Equatorial mode is 40 lbs.
- Alt Az mode weight capacity is 40 lbs. single and 75 lbs. dual.
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount has a sturdy aluminum build with two large tapered roller bearings.
- Switching mount modes on the LX80 mount is easy.
- The LX80 has precision worm gears with provide for smooth and accurate tracking.
- Meade's Smart Drive technology provides periodic error correction that reduces a majority of tracking errors.
- The computerized tracking system of the Meade LX80 is powered by AudioStar. AudioStar offers "Astronomer Inside" audio descriptions of the objects the user is viewing.
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount comes equipped with large 2" diameter stainless steel legs. Each leg on the LX80 tripod comes with a built in fine tune leg system at the top of each leg. This system allows for small, fine tune adjustments from the top of the tripod.
Below is some additional information from Meade Instruments.
The LX80 offers the versatility every astronomer will want. Easily choose between three configurations - German Equatorial, Alt-Az and Dual OTA Alt-Az modes. With a variety of OTAs to choose from, the competitively priced and fully featured LX80 is the mid-range telescope system your consumers will want.
Now you no longer have to make the difficult decision between the ease of setup and operation of an altazimuth mount or the versatility and long duration imaging capability of a German Equatorial Mount. Meade's new LX80 is the only mount that gives you both plus one more - three computerized GoTo mounts for the price of one.
The new line of LX80s with Multi-Mount from Meade Instruments is the most innovative and versatile mid-range telescope system available anywhere.