Meade LX800 10" Advanced Coma Free Telescope System
The Meade LX800 is a revolutionary high end telescope system. With world class optics and now a world class telescope mounting system, the Meade LX800 is sure to become a go to telescope system for advanced amateur astronomers. Perhaps most impressive is the LX800's new StarLock Technology which was inspired from the Meade Light Switch Series of Telescopes. StarLock is a great astro imaging system as it combines fast wide field optics with an ultra precision German Equatorial Mount and an integrated full time Auto Guider.
Meade Advanced Coma Free Optics
- The Meade 10" Optical Tube is a fast, f/8 Advance Coma-Free optical system.
- The 10" Meade LX800 has an internal Crayford-style, ZERO image-shift focusing system with a dual speed 7:1 focusing ratio. This system eliminates the need for a mirror lock as it rigidly holds the primary mirror into place.
- Focal Reducer / Field Flattener is available as an accessory. This f/5, three element accessory delivers wider fields, faster exposures and a flat field which is great when using large sensors.
Introducing the Meade LX800 German Equatorial Mount with StarLock Technology.
- Manufactured from aircraft grade 6061 - T6 Aluminum
- Perfect for the serious astro photographer the Meade LX800 has a 90 lb. weight capacity.
- An incredibly accurate mount, the Meade LX800 guides to one arch second and can lock on to stars as dim as 11th magnitude.
- New StarLock Technology incorporates an integrated Auto Guider. This technology eliminates the need for an external guide scope.
- The Meade LX800 Mount has a 80mm f/5 optic operating in tandem with a super wide-angle lens creates a two camera system that automatically finds your target in high precision.
- The StarLock Guide Scope does not require a guide star or external focusing to operate.
- The Meade LX800 EQ Mount has precision roller bearings built into the RA and DEC Axis.
- Internally this mount is rock solid with a solid 0.68" diameter brass worm and a 5.8" diameter, 225 tooth aluminum gear set.
- The LX800 Mount has a 1.75" stainless steel threaded counterweight shaft. This counterweight is a beautiful finish to this eye catching mount.
- With a GPS and a 144,000 object database you are guaranteed to hit your object every time.
- The Meade LX 800 Equatorial mount comes equipped with a heavy duty tripod from Meade.
The Meade LX800, with new StarLock technology, derived from the Meade LightSwitch telescope line, is a stellar Astro-Imaging mount. The revolutionary integral full-time Auto-Guider and beautiful fit and finish offers a system that is unlike any on the market today. Below is a list of detailed specifications from Meade Instruments.
Overall, this is an amazing telescope built for advanced amateur astro photographers.