This item is currently a pre-order item. These have not been released by Meade yet. We will take your order for this, but will not charge the order until it is ready to ship.
Meade Series 6000 115mm APO Telescope is a top line 115mm APO Refractor.
- A precise focuser the Meade Series 6000 80mm Refractor has a 10:1 dual speed crayford focuser.
- A Meade Series 5000 2" Dielectric Diagonal comes standard with telescope.
- Also included with the Meade Series 6000 80mm APO is a hard case and full sized cradle rings.
- Optional Accessory - 2 Element Field Flattener.
Meade LX80 Multi Mount & Tripod with Meade AudioStar
The Meade LX80 Mount is an innovative and value packed multi-mount that has features of mounts two times it's price.
- With multiple operating modes the Meade LX80 Mount can operate as a German Equatorial Mount, a Single Alt Az Mount or a Dual Alt Az Mount.
- The weight capacity of the Meade LX80 Mount in German Equatorial mode is 40 lbs.
- Alt Az mode weight capacity is 40 lbs. single and 75 lbs. dual.
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount has a sturdy aluminum build with two large tapered roller bearings.
- Switching mount modes on the LX80 mount is easy.
- The LX80 has precision worm gears with provide for smooth and accurate tracking.
- Meade's Smart Drive technology provides periodic error correction that reduces a majority of tracking errors.
- The computerized tracking system of the Meade LX80 is powered by AudioStar. AudioStar offers "Astronomer Inside" audio descriptions of the objects the user is viewing.
- The Meade LX80 Multi Mount comes equipped with large 2" diameter stainless steel legs. Each leg on the LX80 tripod comes with a built in fine tune leg system at the top of each leg. This system allows for small, fine tune adjustments from the top of the tripod.
Below is some additional information from Meade Instruments.
The LX80 offers the versatility every astronomer will want. Easily choose between three configurations - German Equatorial, Alt-Az and Dual OTA Alt-Az modes. With a variety of OTAs to choose from, the competitively priced and fully featured LX80 is the mid-range telescope system your consumers will want.
Now you no longer have to make the difficult decision between the ease of setup and operation of an altazimuth mount or the versatility and long duration imaging capability of a German Equatorial Mount. Meade's new LX80 is the only mount that gives you both plus one more - three computerized GoTo mounts for the price of one.
The new line of LX80s with Multi-Mount from Meade Instruments is the most innovative and versatile mid-range telescope system available anywhere.