SBIG ST-i Color Planet Camera and Autoguider
- The SBIG ST-i Color Planet Cam and Autoguider gives off short exposures with an electronic shutter
- Allows for a low noise, high sensitivity CCD with an internal mechanical shutter for automatic dark frames
- Enables up to 21 frames per second in focus mode
- The SBIG ST-i Color Planet Cam and Autoguider is powered from USB Port- Standard Guider Output Port, one shot
- Includes an eyepiece size body (1.25" diameter) and weighs just 2.2 ounces
- Included extensive imaging software, custom carrying case and cables
The SBIG ST-I Color Planet Cam and Autoguider is an innovative design for entry level and advanced amateur astronomers. Including a mechanical shutter, unlike other autoguiding cameras, the ST-i provides great sensitivity and more accurate guiding. Users can now automatically capture and use dark frames while autoguiding.
The SBIG ST-i camera takes exposures as short as 0.001 seconds and focuses up to 21 frames per second. Downloads of 16-bit images at up to 12 frames per second allows users to extract finer detail with higher dynamic range than 8 bit cameras, especially when done during planetary imaging.
The ST-i is bundled with software considering many astronomers beginning imaging with video cameras and DSLRs. The software can be used by any imager regardless of whether they use a video camera or DSLR for imaging. Fully functional versions of CCD Soft, version 5 and Software Bisque's The Sky version 5 are included. For high resolution planetary imaging, combine with SBIG's own PlanetMaster software and CCDOps. This bundle suite software provides users with a comprehensive and powerful set of tools. This suite supports the planetary and autoguiding functionality of the ST-i while also providing a comprehensive planetarium, telescope control and image processing solution.
- Sensor - Kodak KAI-340 CCD
- Low noise, high sensitivity CCD
- Internal mechanical shutter for automatic dark frames
- Electronic shutter for short exposures
- Eyepiece size body (1.25" diameter)
- Lightweight - only 2.2 oz
- Up to 21 frames per second in focus mode
- 16 bit A/D
- Powered from USB Port
- Standard Guider Output Port
- CCDOPS and CCDSoftV5 Software
- Guiding Sensitivity - 11th Mag/2 sec