- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 420 Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX-274 Sensor - ATK0093
Atik has discontinued the 420 Color CCD Camera w/ Sony ICX-274 Sensor, and we are out of stock. Here is a link to the Atik 428EX Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX674 Sensor we carry at High Point. Hopefully, you can find a proper replacement in this selection. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Atik 420 Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX-274 Sensor
- High Resolution imaging, delivering 2 million 4.4 µm square pixels.
- ATIK 420C Color CCD Camera uses a Sony ICX-274 sensor.
- Ensuring the greatest sensitivity, low-noise electronics are incorporated into the Atik 420C Color CCD Camera.
- Regulated cooling to -30C max below ambient.
- Prime focus imaging (HyperStar/Fastar) with its narrow body design.
First in its class, the Atik 420 offers low power consumption, high performance regulated cooling, and a narrow body all in one product. The Atik 420 is fitted well with the use of the 6 and 8 inch HyperStar systems, where the low heat dissipation and narrow body make a difference, or with short focal length refractors, providing a high, extrememly fast definition wide field of view, all without the price tag.
These Atik 4-series cameras are an expansion of the 3-series cameras, featuring a narrower body. In HyperStar and Fastar systems where the camera is to be placed in front of the telescope, these CCD Cameras are especially well suitable. They also work well with custom-designed systems that require a narrow-bodied CCD camera. Taking dark frames is easy thanks to these cameras and the feature setpoint cooling they exhibit. Facilitating field operation is easy with its 12 V power requirement.
Among the instruments of choice for this camera are the HyperStar/Faster systems and small refractors with focal reducers. The Atik 420 makes a perfect match for short focal lengths and it is the narrowest body in its class. With that being said, the Atik 450 is one of the lightest cameras as well. Even with its narrow body and light weight, there was no compromise regarding stability or cooling performance with the creation of the Atik 420. The cooler module has been engineered for low power use enables your field sessions to last longer. Also, the desiccant port is now easily accessibly from the exterior.
The Capture application featured on the Atik 420 provides for intuitive and simple, yet powerful way to acquire images. Among the included tools is a image sequencer, focus assistance readout, guide camera control and integration with Atik filter wheels. Your time at the telescope is more enjoyable since the capture aims take the stress out of imaging. Plugins for MaxIm DL, CCDSoft, and Astroart are available if you require compatibility with other software, as well as a full ASCOM driver.
Another addition is Dawn, Atiks new image-processing software. Like all Atik Cameras, Dawn was created from the ground up to be powerful yet easy to use. With a few mouse clicks enjoy a sequence of image-processing steps to be represented in the forma of a pictorial workflow. It then can be executed very easily for speedy and repeatable results.
The Sony ICX274AL is a diagonal 8.923 mm (Type 1/1.8) interline CCD solid-state image sensor. This sensor has a square pixel array and 2.01 M effective pixels. Pixels signals can be output independently due to the progressive scan at a approximately 1/15 second. Output is also possible using various addition and pulse elimination methods.
Realizing full-frame still images, without a mechanical shutter, is possible due to the electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time that is featured with this chip. With the adoption of Super HAD CCD technology high sensitivity and low dark current are achieved.
Applications: Still cameras which require high resolution, etc.)
Sony ICX274 Interline CCD Chip Features
- Square pixels with high horizontal and vertical resolution
- Following modes supported: Progressive scan mode (with/without mechanical shutter) - 2/8-line readout mode - 2/4-line readout mode - 2-line addition mode - Center scan modes (1), (2) and (3) - AF modes (1) and (2)
- Image size : Diagonal 8.923 mm (Type 1/1.8)
- Total number of pixels : 1688 (H) 1248 (V) approx. 2.11 M pixels
- Number of effective pixels : 1628 (H) 1236 (V) approx. 2.01 M pixels
- Number of active pixels : 1620 (H) 1220 (V) approx. 1.98 M pixels
- Recommended number of recording pixels : 1600 (H) 1200 (V) approx. 1.92M pixels
- Horizontal drive frequency: 28.6364MHz (typ.), 36.0MHz (max.)
- Reset gate bias need no adjustment
- Low dark current, high sensitivity
- Continuous variable-speed shutter function
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- 20-pin high-precision plastic package
- Chip size: 8.50 mm (H) 6.80 mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 4.40 µm (H) 4.40 µm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 12 pixels, rear 48 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 28 - Vertical 1
- Substrate material: Silicon