- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGE Pro Equatorial Mount - No Tripod - 91529
The CGE Pro Equatorial Mount has been discontinued by Celestron and we are out of stock. Celestron improved their high weight capacity mount, and the new model is called the Celestron CGX-L Equatorial Mount. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call High Point at 1-800-266-9590 or send us an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Celestron CGE Pro Mount Head W/O Tripod
Now available without a tripod the Celestron CGE Pro Mount Head can fit in seamlessly with a pier or tripod of your choice. In addition to being fully computerized with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, the New CGE Pro German Equatorial mount has been completely redesigned to offer numerous design advantages for the astrophotographer in you.
Celestron CGE Pro Mount General Features:
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial Mount (Heavy-duty)
- Includes one 22 lb counterweight
- Weighs 95 lb
- Able to hold the 14" SCT telescope more securely as well as larger optical tubes up to a maximum payload of 90 lb
All-Star Polar Alignment: Choose any bright alignment star for a software assisted alignment of the mounts polar axis that will have you ready for imaging even if you can't see the North Star. No-Tool polar alignment. Larger hand knobs provided for both Altitude and Azimuth convenient adjustments.
Meridian Tracking: Extended tracking through the Meridian of up to 20° of uninterrupted imaging through the best part of the sky. Improved gearing and motors provide faster slew speeds than ever before, with a maximum slew rate of over 5° per second.
Power Management: Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motor capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGE Pro to have the payload capacity of a much larger (and expensive) mount without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
Accuracy and Pointing: The hallmark of any good telescope mount is its ability to find, center, and track celestial objects with the highest degree of accuracy. With just a standard hand-control alignment, CGE Pro has the ability to center a star in your eyepiece or CCD chip to within 5 arcmin. Using NexStar's advanced pointing features such as Calibration Stars, Sync, and Precise GoTo, further improves the pointing accuracy to as low as 1 arcmin in the desired region of the sky.
Solid Accurate Tracking: With larger 0.75" pitch diameter worm gear, precision made cut-steel gears in gearboxes, and seven slot skewed armature motors, the CGE Pro delivers typical tracking performance of ± 9 arcsec, which can be further reduced using the mount's permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). All CGE mounted telescopes are compatible with Celestron's SkySync GPS accessory. Combine the GPS and built-in real time clock and these telescopes will keep track and remember their exact location and time, without having to enter the information into the hand control.
In addition to these improvements, the Celestron CGE Pro German Equatorial Mounts have long been recognized for features preferred by visual observers and astrophotographers alike. Among these are:
Balance: CGE Pro Equatorial Mounts can easily be balanced in both axes. Simply sliding the counterweight for Right Ascension and moving the optical tube along its dovetail mounting for Declination accomplish balancing the weight of camera equipment and other visual accessories. This means that no additional weight needs to be added to balance the telescope when extra accessories are added.
Clearance: CGE Pro mounts support their tubes at a single contact point, allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope's mount. Software features allow the user to set the mount's slew limits to guarantee safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD camera instruments that extend from the rear of the telescope.
Celestron CGE Pro Mount Head Specifications:
- Sturdy Mount Head will support the 14" SCT telescope more securely, as well as larger optical tubes up to a maximum payload of 90 lb
- Includes one 22 lb counterweight
- Incorporates proven Celestron NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PPEC): Corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors: 12VDC Servo motors with integrated optical encoders. High quality motors with seven-slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for improved tracking precision.
- Bearings and Shafts: Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with 0.40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axis
- Precision worm drive system: 0.75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm gear preloaded with two 0.87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Spring-loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and for easy guiding, and 4-point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Rugged 9-pin connector on motor cables
- Latitude range: 10 degree to 65 degree northern or southern hemispheres
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a PC
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with Celestron SkySync 93969
- Weight of Head: 95 lb