- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount - 91526
Celestron has replaced the CGEM with the new CGEM II Equatorial Mount, and we are out of stock on the original CGEM's. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send us an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Celestron CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
Celestron's second most popular mount, the CGEM Mount is a great mid-sized telescope mount for the casual observer as well as the serious astrophotographer. The Celestron CGEM Mount is one of the many excellent "work horses" in the Celestron product line. The Celestron CGEM Mount is a "Best-In-Class" Telescope Mount.
The CGEM mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron's higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration-free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Celestron's CGEM mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Celestron CGEM Equatorial Mount Highlights:
- Celestron CGEM Mount Payload: 40 lb
- Recommended for SCT Optical Tubes 11" aperture and smaller
- Ultra sturdy 2" tripod legs
- Great for visual observation and serious astro-photography
Ergonomic Design: The Celestron CGEM Mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation: The Celestron CGEM Mount series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star (patent pending). All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gear's periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance: For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 400 user defined programmable objects, and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Celestron CGEM Mount Features:
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- 40,000 object database with 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Permanent programmable Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent in all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low-Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low-speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier, for long exposure astrophotography
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory