- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell - HA12-SCT
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell
- Mounted in a round SCT rear cell
- Designed with regards to the highest technical principles to allow the best possible optical performance or imaging deep sky objects
- Permits H-Alpha emissions to pass while simultaneously blocking nearly the complete balance of the visual spectrum as well as IR
- Approximately 12 nm FWHM
- Blocks all undesirable light pollution and is ideal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova vestiges
- Made in Germany, a country noted for creating high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm SC Rear Cell CCD Filter
This Astronomik SCT Rear Cell H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter is the optimal narrowband filter for CCD astrophotography. With a 12 nm FWHM, this filter is ideal for standard CCD cameras, allowing very fast optics to be employed. The f/number application range is spread from 1:2.8 to 1:15. The only time you'll have to be concerned with transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which can be an issue with other filters, is when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are involved. It should also be acknowledged that this filter has an up to 99% transmission. An additional asset of this 12 nm filter is the more convenient availability of guiding stars for cameras with an integrated autoguider.
Astronomik's H-Alpha 12 nm Filter enhances the contrast between objects, in this case between targeted objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the skyglow background. This filter also provides total suppression of emission lines from artificial sources such as mercury and sodium-vapor from street lamps, making it an excellent light pollution filter! Because of the high optical quality of the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm substrate, you won't be able to tell the difference between the razor sharp stars seen with a camera or with your regular telescope.
This SCT Rear Cell H-Alpha 12 nm CCD filter from Astronomik completely obstructs all undesired wavelengths in the visual and IR spectral areas. Like all Astronomik filters, it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It contains a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining your telescope's optical performance. This filter is also entirely resistant to scratching as well as the effects of high humidity and aging. Astronomik filters arrive in a durable plastic storage container of excellent quality.
- 97+% transmission for the H-Alpha line
- Blocks nearly the whole remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the infrared
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.