- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Square - HA6-50SQ
Astronomik 50 mm Square H-Alpha 6 nm Filter
- This Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter comes in a 50 mm square configuration
- Created with the highest technical standards in mind to enable first-rate optical efficiency for deep sky imaging with CCD cameras
- Lets H-Alpha light emissions be transmitted while obstructing almost the entire rest of the visible spectrum as well as IR
- FWHM of nearly 6 nm
- Blocks all undesired light pollution to make this filter ideal for imaging both planetary nebulae and supernova vestiges
- German-designed for supreme optical quality!
An extremely narrow emission-line filter, the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha Filter is best equipped for CCD imaging with instruments as fast as f/3.5. It is not suitable for visual or solar applications. This filter allows h-alpha light from emission nebulae to pass through to your sensor while obstructing the remainder of the spectrum entirely.
With a 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM), this filter is optimized to display maximum contrast between objects in the h-alpha spectral area, emission nebulae for example, and the skyglow background. While the 12 nm offers similar functionality, the 6 nm provides higher contrast gain because of its smaller FWHM. As a compromise, some background stars will be dimmed or completely eliminated from the final image. To avoid this, use both the 6 nm and 12 nm filters together to allow for maximum contrast without any reduction in your final image's background quality.
Due to its complete elimination of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, the primary culprits of light pollution, the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter is a great option for imaging under severely light-polluted skies.
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.