- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter - OIIICCD6-EOS
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Filter
- With a Canon EOS Clip format, this Astronomik OIII CCD Filter is designed for standard Canon EOS DSLR cameras which have an IR blocking filter on their detector
- The Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter has been expressly made for astro-imaging applications
- Almost 100% transmission in both OIII lines
- Approximately 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- The perfect filter for imaging supernova vestiges and planetary nebulae
- Coatings provide formidable protection against scratching, aging, and humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not compromise the optical performance of your telescope
- Ideally equipped for 6" (152 mm) aperture or more telescopes
- German-designed for supreme optical quality!
More About the Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter
Astronomik's OIII CCD filter is a narrowband emission line filter made for CCD astrophotography. It allows light from OIII emission nebulae to be transmitted while obstructing close to the complete remainder of the spectrum where the CCD is sensitive.
With a FWHM (full width at half maximum) of 6 nm, this filter greatly enhances contrast between objects that emit in the OIII emission nebulae, and the background sky. One advantage 6 nm filters have over 12 nm is the improved contrast gain allowed by the smaller FWHM. On the other hand, with 6 nm filters, some background stars will be extremely faint or won't be apparent at all in the final image. Therefore, it is best to use the 6 nm filter in conjunction with the 12 nm for peak contrast with high background quality. Matched 6 nm FWHM enables exceptional performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with incredibly low dark current! For viewing in a heavily light polluted environment, or for imaging dim objects in densely packed regions of the Milky Way, this filter is the optimal choice.
This filter offers complete suppression of emission lines from artificial sources like mercury (Hg) and sodium (Hg), the main culprits of light pollution, as well as skyglow. The transmission losses and chromatic aberrations that are sometimes a factor with other filters only come into play with Astronomik filters when excessively bright 1:2 and above aperture ratios are involved. Additionally, the Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter has a built-in IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, making extra IR-blocking filters no longer necessary.
Even under severely light polluted conditions, three-color images of gas nebulae as well as other emission line objects can be obtained by using this Astronomik OIII CCD Filter in combination with H-alpha and SII CCD filters. For this the image would have to be taken in three different wavelengths with each wavelength selected as a color-channel in Photoshop and pasted together as a single color image. Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope. All Astronomik filters are shipped with a long-lasting, superior quality plastic filter case.
Astronomik EOS Clip Filter System
This Clip-Filter system, exclusive to Astronomik, is constructed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on ultra modern machines. It can be inserted directly into the Canon EOS DSLR camera body within seconds. Modifications are not necessary and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to operate as before! All Canon system lenses, besides the EF-S series, as well as all M42 and T2 lens adapters, are suitable for use with the Astronomik Clip-Filter system. Plus, during long exposures, this system serves to protect your sensor from accumulating dust.
- More than 99% transmission in each of the OIII lines
- Obstructs unwanted wavelengths in other parts of the visible spectrum