- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 27 mm Round - P642-27
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 27 mm Round
Astronomik's most recent contribution to their ProPlanet IR-Pass line of filters, the ProPlanet 642 BP offers an extensive range of daytime IR imaging applications, along with high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and capturing spectacular photos of objects in the H-Alpha portion of spectrum when employed for astrophotography.The P642 IR-Pass Filter offers a 200 nm spectral window between 642 nm and 842 nm. As opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Astronomik is now providing users with three separate options for their IR-imaging needs, this P642 filter as well as their other two ProPlanet filters, the 742 and 807. For the best imaging, the ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the ideal choice.
- Images feature high contrast and superior color presentation
- Transparent images with "wood effect"
- No hot spot in the longer IR
- Short exposure times analogous to regular VIS-imaging
- Ideally suited for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Efficient decrease in seeing
- Improved contrast
- Longer IR is blocked to remove ghosting and facilitate maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Finest H-Alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- FWHM of approximately 40 nm with DSLR cameras that have been astro-modified
- Incredible contrast in moonlight or in heavily light polluted conditions
- Sensibly priced filter for casual H-Alpha imagers
- Camera display plus LiveView enables easy focusing
- More than 96% transmission for the 642 nm to 842 nm wavelength range
- Blocks 350 nm to 630 nm wavelengths
- Parfocal with every other Astronomik filter
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Coatings offer complete resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters come with a durable, high quality plastic filter case