- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 11000 Monochrome Large Format CCD Camera - ATK0046
Atik 11000 Monochrome Large Format CCD Camera W/ Kodak KAI-1002 Sensor
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.
- Atik 11000 Large Format CCD Camera features a Kodak KAI-11002 Monochrome Sensor
- Using a two-stage Peltier element fan enables full, set-point, temperature regulation
- Reducing the prevalence of hot pixels and cutting thermal noise to an absolute minimum is possible with efficient cooling on the Atik 11000 CCD Camera
- Preventing internal condensation, a high-efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber
- Offering unparalleled simplicity of use, the Atik 11000 CCD Camera is designed and built to fulfill the needs of the most demanding users
- Compatible with the highly acclaimed Capture software as well as MaximDL, CCDSoft and Astroart
A top-of-the-line camera, the ATIK 11000 is a Large-Format cooled CCD camera for astronomy and has a very high resolution. This camera is a product of extensive design and development. For the uncompromising user looking to create stunning high-resolution images, the Atik 11000 incorporates a huge 35 mm x 24 mm sensor.
The ATIK 11000 uses the Kodak KAI-11002 CCD and comes in either One-Color Shot or Monochrome versions. Image results with the ATIK 11000 feature amazing detail and have the ability to be printed out at A3 size or beyond or conveniently enjoyed on a computer monitor.
Usually ATIK cameras use Sony Sensors. For their Large-Format cameras, ATIK incorporates Kodak devices which have gained a great reputation in astrophotography and offer qualities not available in the Sony CCDs. Atiks expertise in design and build comes to the forefront with highly sophisticated control electronics and advanced cooling systems. Optimum performance from the Kodak chips is only obtained with such features.
For calibration, the Kodak sensors require dark frames and they must be taken at the same temperature as the primary image. Using a single-stage Peltier element and fan, the ATIK 11000 achieves this through the provision of full, set-point, temperature regulation. This enables cooling to 38 degrees below ambient and is suitable for the majority of conditions. Water can be pumped through the cameras internal heat exchanger for more demanding use. The maximum amount of cooling depends on the water temperature when water cooling is employed. Approximately 45 degrees of cooling is available using water from a typical tap.
Reducing the prevalence of hot pixels and cutting thermal noise to an absolute minimum is done with such efficient cooling. However, this does raise the risk of condensation forming in or on the camera. Preventing internal condensation, the high efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber. On the outside of the camera, condensation is avoided with the use of heater elements which gently warm the window. So it can be adapted to the environmental conditions, the power supplied to this heater is controllable through software.
Fulfilling the needs of the most demanding users, the ATIK Large-Format cameras have been designed and built to offer an unparalleled simplicity of use. Having only two sockets, a 2.1 mm socket for 12 V power supply and a USB2 port for use with a computer, these cameras are compatible with ATIKs highly acclaimed Capture software as well as CCDSoft, Astroart and Maxim DL.
ATIKs 11000 is fitted with a KAI-11002 class II sensor. This sensor enables a small number of column defects, alternatively a class I sensor with no column defects can be specified. You may ask, does the CCD grade matter? Atik feels that when the camera is used for astro-imaging that the price premium placed on the class I sensor is not justified. Briefly, this is because Kodak's grading scheme uses a test where the CCD is not cooled, exposures are fractions of a second and the sensor is read out several times a second. Conditions for the sensors are very different in astro imaging since the sensor is cooled, exposures are typically many tens of seconds and readout takes several seconds. Expected is that the images will be corrected with a dark frame. In conclusion, the grading tests do not reflect performance in atro-imaging in an efficient way.
ATIK 11000 Features
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- Camera body with 2 adapter
- 3 meter USB cable
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- Universal (110-230V) power adapter is included
- Quick start guide (printed)
Designed for professional digital still camera applications, the Kodak KAI-11002 Image Sensor on the ATIK 11000 is a high-performance, 11-million pixel sensor. The 9.0 µm square pixels with microlenses provide high sensitivity and the large full well capacity results in high dynamic range. Enabling 1-3 frames per second (fps) video rate is the two high-speed outputs and binning capabilities for the progressively scanned images. Vertical overflow drain structure allows electronic shuttering for precise exposure control and provides antiblooming protection. Additional features include low dark current, negligible lag and low smear.
Kodak KAI-11002 Sensor Features:
- Pixel Size: 9.0 µm (H) x 9.0 µm (V)
- Total Number of Pixels: 4072 (H) x 2720 (V) = 11.1 M
- Number of Active Pixels: 4008 (H) x 2672 (V) = 10.7 M
- Number of Effective Pixels: 4032 (H) x 2688 (V) = 10.8 M
- Number of Outputs: 1 or 2 - Dynamic Range: 66 dB
- Imager Size: 43.3 mm (diagonal)
- Chip Size: 37.25 mm (H) x 25.70 mm (V)
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 - Saturation Signal: 60,000 electrons
- High resolution - High sensitivity - High dynamic range
- Low noise architecture - High frame rate
- Binning capability for higher frame rate - Electronic shutter
- Industrial Imaging and Medical Imaging Applications
- Quantum Efficiency (KAI-11002-ABA) - Maximum Data Rate: 28 MHz
- Mono: 50% - Color (RGB): 34%, 37%, 42%
- Output Sensitivity - 13 V/e- Total Noise: 30 electrons
- Dark Current: < 50 mV/s Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7 C
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: > 0.99999 - Blooming Suppression: > 1000X Smear: < -80 dB Image Lag: < 10 electrons
- Package: 40-pin, CerDIP, 0.070 pin spacing - Cover Glass: AR Coated