- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik 4000 Monochrome Large Format CCD Camera with Kodak KAI-04022 Sensor - ATK0043
Atik 4000 Monochrome Large Format CCD Camera
with a Kodak KAI-04022 Sensor
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.
- Atik 4000 Large Format CCD Camera features a 4 Megapixel Monochrome Kodak KAI-04022 Sensor
- A perfect fit for standard 1.25" filters, the sensor array is at 15 mm x 15 mm. Offers a substantial saving over the 2" filters
- Uses a two-stage Peltier element and fan for full, set-point, temperature regulation
- Atik 4000 Large Format CCD Cameras resolution is fine enough for printing at A4 or A3 size
- There are only 2 sockets on the Atik 4000 Large Format CCD Camera- a USB2 port for communication with the computer and a 2.1 mm socket for the 12 V power supply
- Compatible with Atiks highly acclaimed Capture software as well as Maxim DL, CCDSoft, and Astroart
An ideal introduction to the joys of Large-Format imaging, the Atik 4000 incorporates a 4 Megapixel Monochrome Kodak sensor with 7.4 um pixels, being much bigger than the Sony sensors which are typically used for astronomy. The sensor array at 15 mm x 15 mm is a perfect match for standard 1.25" filters and offers a considerable saving over the 2 filters required by anything larger. Fine enough for printing at A4 and even A3 size, the resolution from the ATIK 4000 is superb. Viewing images on a computer monitor is also pleasant due to the fine details emerging at ever-deeper zoom levels. Both Monochrome and One-Shot-Color versions of the ATIK 4000 are available.
Usually ATIK cameras use Sony Sensors. For their Large-Format cameras, ATIK incorporates Kodak devices which have gained a great reputation in astrophotography and offer qualities not available in the Sony CCDs. Atik's expertise in design and build comes to the forefront with highly sophisticated control electronics and advanced cooling systems. Optimum performance from the Kodak chips is only obtained with such features.
For calibration, the Kodak sensors require dark frames and they must be taken at the same temperature as the primary image. Using a two-stage Peltier element and fan, the ATIK 4000 achieves this through the provision of full, set-point, temperature regulation. This enables cooling to 40 degrees below ambient and will be appropriate for most conditions. Water can be pumped through the camera's internal heat exchanger for demanding use. When water cooling is employed, the maximum amount of cooling depends on the water temperature, with approximately 45 degrees of cooling being available using water from a typical cold tap.
Reducing the prevalence of hot pixels and cutting thermal noise to an absolute minimum is done with such efficient cooling. However, this does raise the risk of condensation forming in or on the camera. Preventing internal condensation, the high-efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber. On the outside of the camera, condensation is avoided with the use of heater elements which gently warm the window. So it can be adapted to the environmental conditions, the power supplied to this heater is controllable through software.
Fulfilling the needs of the most demanding users, the ATIK Large-Format cameras have been designed and built to offer an unparalleled simplicity of use. Having only two sockets, a 2.1 mm socket for 12 V power supply and a USB2 port for use with a computer, these cameras are compatible with ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software as well as CCDSoft, Astroart and Maxim DL.
ATIK 4000 Monochrome Large Format CCD Camera Features
- Camera body with 2 adapter
- 1.8 meter battery power connector with car lighter plug
- 3 meter USB cable
- Universal Power Adapter (110-230V) included
- Quick start guide (printed)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart , CCDSoft and MaximDL. System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Kodak KAI-04022 Imaging Sensor Features
- Maximum Frame Rates: 8 fps (single output) 16 fps (dual output) - Image Lag: <10 e - Smear: -80 dB - Blooming Suppression: 300X
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: > 0.99999 - Charge Capacity: 40,000 electrons - Number of Outputs: 1 or 2
- Active Image Size: 15.15 mm (H) x 15.15 mm (V) 21.43 mm (diagonal) - Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Dark Current: < 0.5 nA/cm2 - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7C
- Peak Quantum Efficiency: 55% - Readout Noise (f=10MHz): 9 electrons, rms
- Package Type: 34 pin CerDIP - Cover Glass: AR Coated, 2 side