- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik Infinity Video Camera - Color - ATK0145 - Used - SOLD
- This Atik Infinity Color Video Camera is Used and in Good Condition. Upon inspection, we found that the camera has some very slight signs of wear on the nosepiece. It was fully tested by HPS and works well. The serial card, paper manual, and CD are missing as well as the dongle. Cigarette adapter and USB cord are included.
- Image shows new product.
- Comes with High Point 90-Day Warranty
Atik Infinity Color Video Camera
with Custom Built-In Software Application
The Atik Infinity, with its sensitive Sony ICX825 sensor, is a dedicated video camera designed to be used by the beginner! The custom built-in software makes everything easy, from tracking and adjusting for field rotation to real time stacking so you can take multiple short exposures with ease. With the Atik Infinity, there is no need for a high end equatorial mount capable of precise tracking. No polar alignment is necessary, and precise tracking is not required, either! This means that users of entry level equatorial mounts with lower end drives can take images with the Infinity and get good results. Why? Because the Infinity software is smart enough to throw out frames with tracking errors, leaving you only good ones in the stack.
The Atik Infinity is shaped like a small digital camera for a reason. The slim rectangular shape was required to hold the high quality circuit board chosen for the Infinity camera, and it can easily clear when swinging through fork-mounted telescopes.
Even though the Atik Infinity was designed for the beginner, amateur astronomers with more experience would love it as well. Because the Infinity acquires objects quickly, it is the perfect tool for outreach. Just imagine being able to have someone step up to the telescope and view a much more detailed image of an object in almost real time. In fact, the Infinity is so streamlined and easy to use, astronomers could show newbies the image through the eyepiece, and then what it looks like through the magic of a sensitive video camera. Astro-Imagers who still enjoy showing family and neighbors the Universe can also use the Infinity as an autoguider, so that while they are shooting with the "big boy" camera, curious onlookers can enjoy the view at the Infinity.
Atik Infinity Video Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony ICX825 Color
- Resolution: 1392x1040
- Pixel size: 6.45um
- ADC: 16bit
- Read noise: 6e typical
- Cooling: passive
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Autoguider port: ST4 type
- Power requirements: 12VDC
- Maximum exposure: 120s
- Download speed: aprox. 0.3s
- Weight: 340g or about 12 ounces
- Back focus: 13mm
Atik's Introduction of the Infinity Camera
The Atik Infinity is the first Atik Camera dedicated to video astronomy, boasting both the speed and sensitivity required for this rewarding technique. Through new, intuitive, in-house software, the Infinity brings the wonders of the deep sky to a screen in just seconds.
The Infinity features a Sony ICX825 sensor embedded with EXview HAD CCD II™ technology for outstanding sensitivity and Quantum Efficiency at a resolution suited to near real time viewing. The generous 6.45 µm pixel size is well-suited to a broad range of telescopes while the slim, rectangular design ensures the camera can clear the base on fork-mounted scopes. This makes the Infinity well-suited to a huge variety of setups, from those just starting out right through to the professional observatory.
Alongside the Infinity is a custom software application dedicated to video astronomy. It features a simple, intuitive user interface for optimum usability without compromising on camera control or performance. Live continuous stacking removes background noise so you see more of what matters, and flexible histogram adjustments make sure you never miss a detail.
Integrated broadcasting features take the hassle out of sharing your sky, and voiceover and live web chat create a truly interactive experience, straight out the box. The software also features session record and interactive replay so you remain in full control of the display when sharing your sessions with family and friends.
- Live continuous stacking
- Flexible histogram control, including auto-stretch functions
- Live YouTube broadcast integration
- Interactive session replay
- Focus assist and monitoring tools
- Save to FITs, PNG and JPG formats
The Perfect Outreach Tool
Video astronomy is ideally suited for use in public outreach programs and educational settings. It allows faint objects to be seen in incredible detail by all involved, and maintains that ‘at the telescope’ feeling without the need to queue up and crowd round an eyepiece.
With a choice of either a mono or a colour sensor, the Infinity caters for those who prioritise absolute detail, as well as those who want to explore the universe in colour beyond the sensitivity of the unaided human eye.
While other video astronomy cameras are often scaled up versions of guide cameras or cameras used in security applications, the Infinity is based on a high-end, fully-fledged 16bit camera originally developed for OEM use in microscopy and inspection applications. This makes it a no compromise solution for capturing high quality images at live view frame rates, designed with even the most demanding user in mind.
This said, the Infinity can still then be used as an exceptional guide camera, featuring a standard ST4 guide port for direct connection to your mount. And if video astronomy and high-end guiding aren’t enough, the Infinity is also fully compatible with all of our existing software packages, making it suitable for use as an entry-level imaging camera.