- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium Spacer Set for MPCC - SPCR-SET
Baader Spacer Set for MPCC
This Baader Spacer Set is designed for use with the Baader Multi Purpose Coma Corrector (MPCC). It includes four specific spacer rings, which may be combined in various ways to accomplish an optimum connection. Allows direct connection of the MPCC to many popular 2" eyepieces.
For best performance, the MPCC (corrector) should be positioned approximately 55 mm from the rear mounting face of the MPCC housing to the eyepiece's field stop (+/- 3 mm for best on-axis sharpness). In order to attach and properly locate the MPCC, only 1-3 inexpensive adapters are required.
Baader Spacer Set for MPCC Features:
- This Baader Spacer Set allows direct connection of the Baader MPCC to popular 2" eyepieces
- The kit consists of the T2-29, T2-25C, HDFT-14, and the HDFT-28
- The Baader Spacer Set yields a rigid coupling, which eliminates the possibility of sag or tilt from variable holders, particularly with the largest and heaviest eyepieces
- The ideal way to use the MPCC for visual use with 2" eyepieces is to directly couple it to the eyepiece, via the eyepiece's 2" (48 mm) filter threads
- T2-29: Baader T-2 Expanding Ring, T2/M48. Converts 2"/M48 filter threads to internal T-threads
- T2-25C: T-2 Extension Tube, 7.5 mm length
- HDFT-14: Hyperion Fine-tuning Ring, 14 mm length
- HDFT-28: Hyperion Fine-tuning Ring, 28 mm length
Since most large Dobs are limited in their back-focus, this may be the only way to achieve coma correction with some eyepieces (short of trimming the truss poles)! Dob users will also appreciate the light weight of the MPCC system, which avoids the balance problems of heavier correctors.
Customer Note: The photo also shows a T2-25A, but this item is NOT included in this kit.