- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Apertura #8 Light Yellow Filter - 1.25" - A-8F1
Apertura #8 Light Yellow Filter - 1.25"
Apertura's Colored Filter has a Wratten number of #8, which is Light or Pale Yellow with a transmission of 83%.
Adding a yellow filter to your telescope's optical path will help enhance features on the Moon and Venus and increase the definition in comet tails. If you would like to observe Jupiter and Saturn, you can expect a yellow filter to help you see the orange and reddish features of the belts and zones penetrate and darken the subtle blue tones of the atmospheric currents.
Views of Mars will also benefit from adding a yellow filter. It will darken the maria, canal markings, and oases. It will also lighten the desert regions. This #8 yellow filter from Apertura will also sharpen the boundaries of Martian dust clouds. If you have a telescope with at least 11" of aperture, you can even use a yellow filter to improve detail on both Neptune and Uranus! Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing by reducing glare and light scattering, increasing contrast through selective filtration, increasing definition and resolution, reducing irradiation, and lessening eye fatigue.
This Apertura filter is made out of high quality, solid plane parallel glass, anti-reflection coated to prevent glare. It has a full 26mm clear aperture, and is mounted in a black anodized aluminum cell. This cell is threaded on both sides to fit most eyepieces and stack with each other.
Please Note : The effectiveness of this filter depends on several factors, including the aperture and focal length of your telescope, the magnification being used, and the seeing conditions at the time. Remember that filters lower the amount of light that reaches your eye. You'll need an aperture of at least 8 inches for dark filters such as the #47 Violet, with only 3% transmission, the #25 Red with just 14% transmission, or the #38A Blue with 17% transmission.
This Product Comes with the Apertura Absolute Warranty!
- Two-Year Warranty against product defects.
- Three-Year Accident Replacement Program that begins after your initial 2 year warranty expires.
- Your Apertura Absolute Warranty is transferable.
Download a copy of the Apertura Absolute Warranty for more information on this program, how to make a claim, and why it is important to keep your original receipt and the product's original boxes & packaging!