- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter - 2" - CLSCCD-2
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 2"
- Blocks mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while permitting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to get through, thus doing away with that annoying orange glare brought about by heavy light pollution in urban areas
- The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter displays more stars and nebula features
- Best suited for telescopes or photo lenses of all apertures with a focal ratio of f/3 and above for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film photography, and for deep sky viewing
- Constructed in a 2" round, mounted format
- Allows nearly 100% transmission in the visual and H-alpha area of the spectrum, 450 nm to 530 nm
- All Astronomik filters contain multi-layer coatings for protection against blemishes from scratching, aging and high humidity
- German-made for exceptional optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 2" CLS-CCD Filter
Since DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, they are compatible with the Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter for use in severely light-polluted conditions. This filter enhances the contrast between the background and your targeted object. Compared to UHC filters, the CLS-CCD Filter has a wider transmission curve, allowing it to transmit a greater amount of light for stars that appear sharper. The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter has been enhanced to obstruct as much spurious light as possible while, at the same time, providing top-notch performance for preferred wavelengths.
A good filter for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film photography, along with deep sky observation. By blocking mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, and letting the largest section of visual and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS-CCD filter effectively cuts out the majority of surrounding light pollution, eliminating that irritating orange glow. This filter works best with lenses of all apertures with focal ratios of f/3 and above.
Additional uses for the Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter include easier resolution of Double Stars, and color imaging from emission line data in the Luminance channel. This 1 mm thick CLS-CCD Filter, like all Astronomik filters, is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Diffraction limited, this filter will not compromise your telescope's optical performance! It is also highly resistant to blemishes caused by scratching, aging or high humidity. Astronomik filters arrive in a plastic storage container that is both high-quality and durable.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm