- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Square - CLSCCD-50SQ
Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Square
- Eliminates the orange glare resulting from severe light pollution in metropolitan areas by allowing the largest portion of visible ligt and h-alpha emissions to pass through while blocking mercury and sodium-vapor emissions, common causes of light pollution
- Presents extra nebulae features and additional stars
- In addition to making an excellent filter for imaging, the Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter also works well for observing deep sky objects with all aperture telescopes or with f/3 focal ratio and above photo lenses.
- Presented in a 50 mm square format
- Close to 100% of the visual and h-alpha portions of the spectrum, 450 nm to 530 nm, is allowed to be transmitted
- Astronomik filters all have multi-layer coatings to protect against the negative effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-designed for supreme quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Square CLS-CCD Filter
DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, making them suitable for use with the CLS-CCD Filter in an extremely light-polluted environment. This filter highlights the contrast between the background and your selected object. It also has a wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, transmitting more light to render stars that are less dimmed. The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter has been optimized to simultaneously intercept as much spurious light as possible while providing the best performance for approved wavelengths.
A good filter for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film photography, along with deep sky observation. By blocking mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, and letting the largest section of visual and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS-CCD filter effectively cuts out the majority of surrounding light pollution, eliminating that irritating orange glow. This filter works best with lenses of all apertures with focal ratios of f/3 and above.
Alternative uses for the Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter include easier Double Star resolution, and emission line data color imaging in the Luminance channel. As with all Astronomik filters, the CLS-CCD is parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik. It is highly resistant to scratching, aging, and high humidity, and has a thickness of only 1 mm. This filter is also diffraction limited so you won't experience any drop off in your telescope's optical performance. Like all Astronomik filters, the CLS-CCD comes with a high-quality, long-lasting plastic storage case.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm