- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - HA12-NIKXL
Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm Nikon XL Full Frame CCD Clip Filter
- This Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter employs the Nikon XL Full Frame clip format for compatibility with Nikon D800 and D810 full frame DSLR cameras
- Designed with the finest technical standards in mind to permit the desired optical performance for deep sky CCD imaging
- Permits H-Alpha emissions to pass through while blocking almost the complete rest of the visual spectrum as well as IR
- Approximate FWHM of 12 nm
- Blocks all unwanted light pollution, making it ideal for imaging planetary nebulae as well as the remaining vestiges of supernovae
- German-made for superior optical quality!
More About the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter
For astrophotography with CCD cameras, this Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm T-Thread Filter is the optimal narrowband filter. It features a 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) for enabling the use of very fast optics with standard CCD cameras. The extension of f/number applications ranges from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic aberrations can be a problem with other filters. With the H-Alpha 12 nm Nikon XL Clip Filter, however, this will only become an issue when excessively bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are in play. This filter has a transmission of up to 99%. Furthermore, you'll find locating a guide star with cameras that have an integrated autoguider much easier with the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Nikon Clip Filter.The contrast between objects with H-Alpha emission lines and the skyglow background is enhanced by the Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter. In addition, this filter completely cuts off light from spurious sources such as the mercury and sodium-vapor lines from street lamps, making it an outstanding light pollution filter! Due to the Astronomik CCD H-Alpha substrate's high optical quality, you'll see the same razor sharp stars you'd see if you were using your regular telescope. Arriving in a durable, high-quality plastic storage case, the Astronomik H-Alpha 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It offers complete obstruction of all undesired wavelengths in the visible and IR spectral bands. This filter contains a very thin substrate and is diffraction limited for maintaining the optical performance of your telescope. It is also highly resistant to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800 and D810. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- Over 97% H-Alpha line transmission
- Blocks almost the entire remainder of the visible spectrum
- Rejects undesirable infrared wavelengths
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.