- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik L-3 UV-IR Blocking Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter - L3-SONY
Astronomik UV-IR Blocking Luminance Filters
In order to achieve spectacular final image results, the Luminance channel is probably the most critical element. Therefore the filter being used should feature the highest possible transmission with a wide spectral bandpass in order to gain as much signal as you can. These two factors enable the greatest sensitivity and provide you with the highest photon counts on your pixels. Although the high level of transmission these new Astronomik Luminance filters have is a terrific feature, not all optical instruments (or additional optical elements such as correctors, reducers, and flatteners) can boast ideal color correction. Because of this, a wider spectral band pass can cause problems like the appearance of soft or bloated stars that are the result of insufficiently focused light (chromatic aberration). In such instances, image processing can be a challenge. So having a spectral window that is marginally more narrow can either totally eliminate or at least lessen this damaging effect.Astronomik has now expanded their Luminance filter line so that you can have all the tools required to gather the best obtainable data. There is a filter suitable for any telescope type that you may select to achieve the highest signal and sharpest image for the Luminance channel. The color correction of your telescope will determine whether you should use a filter with a wider spectral window for the Luminance data. For the widest spectral window, choose the L1 filter; and for the narrowest spectral window, choose the L3 filter. The middle ground contains the L2 which has about the same size spectral window as Astronomik's current L-Filter. For optical systems that are totally free of chromatic aberration, the L1 filter is the best option. When working with most optical systems using a corrector, flattener, or reducer in the optical train for common use, the L2 is your choice. Lastly, for users with refractors that feature less than perfect color correction, the L3 filter works best. Also, the L3 can combine with Astronomik's new Deep-Sky RGB filters to lessen the bluish halo effect around stars. The transmission curve characteristics and coatings on the new Luminance filters have been designed and engineered in such a way that no halos or reflections will be visible. Even with bright stars in the field of view you will be able to reveal the faintest structures in galaxies or nebulae. Like all Astronomik Filters, the new Luminance filters are made using an extremely durable and scratch resistant coating, deposited on the finest polished optical substrate, which is free of any striae or internal strains. All substrates are made to exactly the same thickness, so all Astronomik filters are parfocal.
Astronomik L-3 UV-IR Blocking Filter for Sony Alpha 7 Highlights
- Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Format UV-IR Blocking Filter for Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3 variants of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s camera models
- UV-IR blocking filter for the luminance channel, possibly the channel most crucial to successful astro-imaging results in terms of sharpness, contrast, and low noise
- Parfocal with any other filter Astronomik carries
- Offers total resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lower your telescope's optical performance level
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage container of superior quality
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut using ultra modern machinery, this patented Astronomik Clip-Filter can be directly inserted into the camera body of MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s models in just seconds. No modifications are required and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to be operational! In addition, this system also serves as a dust protector, preventing dust from accumulating on your sensor during long exposures.