- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik Luminance L-2 Canon EOS XL Full-Frame Clip Filter - L2-EOSXL
Astronomik Luminance L-2 Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
for Canon 5D Mk II,5D Mk III, and 6D
- Wow, an Astronomik Luminance (L-2) Filter for your Canon full frame EOS camera; normal functions of your EOS camera will be unaffected...focus, image stabilization, etc.
- The Astronomik Luminance (UV/IR Blocking) Filter is mounted in a Canon EOS filter clip that fits most Canon EOS cameras that use a full-frame-size sensor such as full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras in order to recover the camera's terrestrial photography capabilities, similar to the original standard equipment filter
- The typical transmission is higher than 99%
- The Astronomik Luminance (UV/IR Blocking) Filter is optimized for systems with focal ratios between f/0.5 and f/50
- Hard coatings protect against scratching, fading, and humidity
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for their optical quality!
- Compatible with Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D cameras
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik Luminance L-2 Filter
Astronomik has updated their Luminance filter line to include three different spectral window widths so that you can match your L filter to the type of telescope you use. This filter is an "L-2", and is very similar to the classic Astronomik Luminance filter. By contrast, L-1 has a wider spectral window, and L-3's is narrower.
The Astronomik L2 UV-IR Block Luminance Filter is great for general use and is well suited to most optical systems with a reducer, corrector, or field flattener in the optical chain. For reference purposes, please note that the L1 Luminance filter is designed to be used with systems that are free from chromatic aberration, and the L3 is designed for use with refractors with some false color.The Astronomik Luminance UV and IR cut Filter is great for digital photography! The Astronomik UV-IR Blocker lets the full range of light sensitivity of the human eye pass (according to the DIN 5031 specifications), and blocks all other parts of the spectrum in the UV and IR. The Astronomik UV-IR Blocker is the ideal choice as a luminance filter for any kind of digital photography. Because of the perfect blocking of UV and IR all optical problems in these parts of the spectrum are avoided. The filter is optimized for systems with focal ratios between f/0.5 and f/50. The typical transmission is higher than 99%. The Astronomik Luminance UV and IR Cut Filter gives you a perfect parfocal filter for the luminance channel. It works as dust protection in front of a DSLR camera and can be used as an alternative instead of the IR-Blocker if your camera has a high sensitivity at short wavelengths. Or, use the Astronomik Luminance (IR/UV Blocking) Filter as an alternative instead of the MC Clear, if your system has any refracting elements.
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional! Almost all Canon system lenses (with the exception of the EF-S series) and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be used with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. The Clip-Filter System also acts as an outstanding dust shield.
This Luminance EOS XL Clip filter is diffraction limited and will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! The Astronomik coatings make this filter completely resistant to high humidity, scratches, and aging effects. It includes a high-quality, long-lasting plastic filter box.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made with black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on contemporary machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to be used with full format Canon Digital SLR camera bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This clip filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body within seconds using nothing but your fingers. Removal is just as easy. No tools or adjustments are necessary, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are unaffected. The Astronomik Clip-Filter system also shields your sensor from dust accumulation when taking extended exposures. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- Higher than 99% transmission at the visible wavelengths
- Blocks UV and IR wavelengths of light