- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - OIIICCD-NIKXL
Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter - Nikon XL Full Frame Clip
- With its Nikon XL full frame clip format, this Astronomik OIII CCD Filter is suitable for use with Nikon D800 and D810 full frame digital SLR cameras.
- Designed for the express purpose of aiding CCD astrophotography applications
- This filter has a transmission close to 100% in the OIII line
- Approximate FWHM bandwidth of 12 nm
- Ideally suited for photographing planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Coatings on this filter offer full resistance to the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce your telescope's optical efficiency
- German-made for excellent optical quality!
- Best suited for telescopes with an aperture of 6" or larger
More About the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter
A narrowband emission-line filter designed specifically for CCD astrophotography, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter simultaneously allows the double ionized oxygen of gas nebulae to pass through while blocking almost the entire remainder of the spectrum in the more CCD sensitive parts. The 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) enables the use of very fast optics with typical CCD cameras. With telescopes that have apertures over 6" (150 mm), the ideal focal ratio range for this filter is 1:3 to 1:15. It should also be noted that this filter features a transmission of up to 99%, a number that cannot be reached simply by stacking more narrowband filters. Regarding the dark current of common CCD imagers, CCD-cooled exposures to -15°C are restricted by the CCD's dark current, even in large, brightly lit metropolitan areas. This led to the selection of 12 nm FWHM. An additional benefit of this filter is the increased availability of guiding stars for cameras featuring a built-in autoguider.Highlighting the contrast between OIII emission line objects and the background sky, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter provides complete suppression of spurious light sources such as mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow. Loss of transmission and color distortions, while a nuisance with filters from other brands, only becomes a problem with this filter when ultra bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are used. Since the Astronomik OIII 12 nm CCD Filter has a built-in IR-blocker up to 1150 nm, extra IR blocking filters are not required. When using the Astronomik OIII CCD filter together with the H-alpha and SII CCD filters you can obtain three-color images of emission line objects (gas nebulae) from locations with very strong light pollution. To do so, you would take an image in three different wavelengths, select each one as a color-channel in Photoshop and paste them together as one single color image. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, plastic filter box.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800 and D81. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- 99+% transmission for both of the OIII lines
- Blocks superfluous wavelengths of other visual spectral areas