- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OWB Filter - Type 3 - Pentax K1 Clip - OWBCCD-PENTAX
Astronomik OWB Type 3 Pentax K1 Clip Filter
- Presented in a Pentax K1 clip format, this Astronomik OWB Type 3 CCD filter is suitable for use with Pentax K-1 MkI and MkII DSLR camera models
- Astronomik OWB (Original White Balance) Type 3 CCD filters are designed for DSLR cameras that have been converted for astronomical use by removing their IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha
- Recovers the camera's former terrestrial photography capabilities as if it was still using the original standard equipment filter
- Modified DSLR spectral sensitivity will be altered with the installation of an OWB filter to the original range designated by Pentax
- Created with regards to the highest technical standards in order to give deep sky imagers the best possible optical performance
- Coatings provide reliable protection from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not compromise the optical efficiency of your telescope
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik OWB Type 3 CCD Filter
Astronomik's OWB (Original White Balance) filter would not normally be termed an "astronomical" filter. Their goal is to allow converted digital SLR cameras that are missing an IR-filter to be used for traditional "terrestrial" photography. Converted DSLR cameras have a white balance that makes them unusable for terrestrial objectives. An OWB Filter will return the DSLR's spectral sensitivity to its original range.Shifting the entire spectrum of converted Digital SLR cameras in such a manner as to make them not applicable for astrophotography exclusively completely removes the choice of whether to restrict a DSLR for the purpose of using it for astronomical tasks only, or to simply accept the reduced sensitivity at the red end of the spectrum. This Astronomik OWB CCD filter is compatible with both Pentax K-1 MkI and MkII DSLR cameras. Completely resistant to high humidity, scratching, and aging effects. Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope! Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, plastic filter box.
Astronomik Pentax K-1 Clip Filter System
Compatible with Pentax K1 and K1 Mk II digital SLR cameras, this Pentax K1 clip filter is the newest member of the Astronomik clip filter family. Does not support camera models with APS-C sensors! Astronomik clip filters are designed to be used with traditional camera lenses for use with telescopes.
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (with removed or substituted IR-filters) to achieve a standard color space in digital imaging