- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Filter - 50 mm Square - UHC-50SQ
Astronomik UHC Filter - 50 mm Square
- An excellent visual filter designed for broad-band deep sky viewing, this Astronomik UHC filter features a 50 mm square format
- Designed with the highest technical principles in mind to provide the superior optical performance you desire for deep sky observing
- An abundance of extra gas and planetary nebulae detail can be seen due to a near 100% transmission of H-Beta and OIII lines
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters offer complete protection from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-designed for superb optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Square UHC Filter
Designed for visual deep sky observation, the Astronomik UHC Filter allows nearly 100% of H-beta and O-III lines to get through, while blocking scattered light from other wavelengths. Plus, a second bandpass for the H-alpha line ensures it also reaches the eye. Because of the strong reduction of the sky background, gas and planetary nebulae are visible with a surprising abundance of detail. The Astronomik UHC Filter offers sufficient light for satisfactory observing of deep sky objects with smaller telescopes thanks to its high transmission.
Optimized for use with telescopes that have focal ratios of f/4 to f/15. Unlike other filters on the market, loss of transmission and color displacement only occurs with this filter when extremely fast focal ratios of f/3 or less are involved. Astronomik UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. Compared to UHC filters sold by other manufacturers, the Astronomik UHC filter shows you more stars along with more nebula detail, and because of the high quality of the glass, you will be able to see stars as small pinpoints.
Astronomik UHC filter coatings are fully sealed making it impervious to moisture. The transmission characteristics of this filter are continually maintained and do not alter with time. The coatings are so hard that procuring even the tiniest of scratching would require rubbing them with sandpaper on purpose! Scratching them by mistake is simply not possible. All Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage container of supreme quality.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths