- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter - 1.25" - CLSCCD-1
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 1.25"
- Eliminates most of the irritating urban light pollution caused orange glare by blocking mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while allowing the largest part of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass
- Displays additional star and nebulae detail
- The Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter is an excellent option for DSLR, CCD, and Black & White film photography, as well as for viewing deep sky objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all apertures with f/3 and above focal ratio
- Presented in a round, mounted 1.25" format
- The Astronomik CLS CCD Filter allows close to 100% transmission from 450 nm to 520 nm which encompasses the visible light and h-alpha spectral areas
- All Astronomik filters contain multi-layer coatings to shield against scratching, aging effects, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik CLS CCD Filter - 1.25"
The Astronomik CLS CCD Filter is compatible for use with DSLR Cameras, remodeled for astronomical use, under heavy light-polluted conditions. The CLS CCD Filter highlights the contrast between your selected object and the background. It also transmits more light due to its wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, making stars appear less dimmed. The Astronomik CLD CCD Filter has been enhanced to block out as much artificial light as possible while enabling first-rate efficiency for desirable wavelengths.
An excellent filter for observing deep sky objects, as well as for DSLR, CCD, and black & white film imaging. Most surrounding light pollution is eliminated due to this filter's ability to simultaneously block mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while allowing visible light and H-alpha emissions to get through, thereby doing away with that annoying orange glow. This filter is best suited for use with all aperture lenses with f/3 and above focal ratios.
With the Astronomik CLD CCD Light Pollution Filter, you'll experience easier Double Star resolution. For those who want to create color images from emission line data, the CLS-CCD Filter is an excellent option for the Luminance channel. Like all Astronomik Filters, this CLS-CCD filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This 1 mm thick filter is diffraction limited to maintain the current optical performance of your telescope. It is impervious to blemishes from scratching, aging or high humidity. Comes with a superior quality, durable plastic storage case.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 520 nm and from 640 nm to 690 nm