- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Square - SII6-50SQ
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Square
- Astronomik's SII 6 nm CCD Filter has been created for the express purpose of CCD astrophotography and features a 50 mm square format
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to enable peak optical performance for deep sky imaging applications with your CCD camera
- Ionized sulfur (SII) light is allowed to pass while the complete rest of the visual spectrum as well as IR is cut off
- FWHM bandwidth of close to 6 nm
- Optimal for imaging planetary nebulae as well as vestiges of supernovae
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Square SII 6 nm CCD Filter
For CCD astrophotography operations, this SII 6 nm CCD T-Mount Filter from Astronomik is the ideal narrowband filter. It has a smaller full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 6 nm to enable higher contrast gain than you would get from the 12 nm filter when also factoring in a typical 96% transmission given that all unwanted light from alternate wavelengths from UV up to IR is blocked. This results in an especially dark background. While you may experience transmission reductions and chromatic distortions with other filters, these only occur with Astronomik filters when exceptionally bright 1:2 and above aperture ratios are involved.
CCD filters from Astronomik highlight the contrast between objects. The SII filter highlights the contrast between ionized sulfur (SII) emission line objects and the skyglow background. Plus, this filter also completely obstructs artifical light sources such as mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow, making it an excellent filter for use in heavily light polluted conditions. A superior quality substrate allows the Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter to provide the same needle sharp star views you would see with your normal telescope.
Complete occlusion of undesired visible and IR band spectral wavelengths is enabled by this Astronomik 50 mm Square SII 6 nm CCD Filter. Parfocal with all other filters produced by Astronomik and diffraction limited to maintain your telescope's optical performance. Coatings offer strong protection from scratching as well as the impacts of aging and high humidity. This filter is shipped in a durable plastic filter container of superior quality.
- For the SII (672 nm) line, typical transmission is 96%
- Fully blocks superfluous light from UV up to IR