- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell - HA6-SCT
Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha Filter - SCT Rear Cell
- This Astronomik H-Alpha CCD Filter is mounted in a round SC Rear Cell format
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to enable the superb optical performance desired for imaging deep sky objects
- Lets H-Alpha emissions pass through while, at the same time, obstructs almost the entire balance of the visual spectrum including IR
- FWHM of nearly 6 nm
- Blocks all unwanted light pollution and is optimal for planetary nebulae and supernova remnant imaging
- Made in Germany, a country noted for producing superior quality optics!
For CCD imaging with instruments as fast as f/3.5, the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm Filter is an excellent narrow emission-line filter. Not applicable for visual or solar operations. This filter allows h-alpha light from emission nebulae to pass through to your sensor while obstructing the remainder of the spectrum entirely.
With a 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM), this filter is optimized to display maximum contrast between objects in the h-alpha spectral area, such as emission nebulae, and the background skyglow. While the 12 nm provides functionality analagous to the 6 nm, the latter offers higher contrast gain due to its reduced FWHM. To compromise, some background stars will appear dimmer or be completely eradicated from the final image. This can be avoided simply by using both the 6 nm and 12 nm filters at the same time, allowing for maximum contrast in h-alpha objects while maintaining the visibility of background stars in the resulting image.
Because the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter offers complete suppression of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, the primary causes of light pollution, it makes for a fine solution when working in light-polluted surroundings.
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.