- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - HA6-EOSXL
Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter
- Astronomik H-Alpha filter in EOS XL format for full frame Canon EOS cameras
- Made with regards to the highest technical standards to enable the optical performance you need for deep sky imaging with a Canon EOS DSLR camera
- Simultaneously allows light from H-Alpha sources to be transmitted while blocking IR along with almost the complete balance of the visual spectrum
- 6 nm FWHM
- This filter blocks all surplus light pollution and is ideal for planetary nebula and supernova remnant imaging
- German-designed for superior optical quality
- Compatible with full format Canon Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm EOS XL Clip Filter
An exceptionally narrow emission-line filter, the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter is designed for use with Canon EOS DSLR cameras as well as devices as fast as f/3.5 for CCD astrophotography applications only. Not for visual or solar operations. This narrowband filter permits h-alpha light from emission nebulae to pass through to your sensor while simultaneously blocking the remainder of the spectrum.
This Astronmik H-Alpha Filter has a full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 6 nm, making it ideal for highlighting maximum contrast between objects in the h-alpha area of the spectrum, such as emission nebulae, and the background sky. While the 12 nm offers similar capabilities, the reduced 6 nm FWHM enables higher contrast gain. This results in some background stars being either severely dimmed, or completely absent from the final photo. To prevent this, use the 6 nm filter in conjunction with the 12 nm filter to achieve maximum contrast without compromising the quality of your final image's background.
Since the primary causes of light pollution, mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, are totally suppressed by the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter, it is optimally suited for use in heavily light-polluted areas.
As with all filters from Astronomik, this EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Coatings on this filter provide a strong defense against scratching, againg, and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable, high quality plastic storage case.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip-Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made with black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on contemporary machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to be used with full format Canon Digital SLR camera bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This clip filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body within seconds using nothing but your fingers. Removal is just as easy. No tools or adjustments are necessary, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are unaffected. The Astronomik Clip-Filter system also shields your sensor from dust accumulation when taking extended exposures. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
Please remember to NEVER use this filter for solar imaging or observing as permanent eye damage will be the result.