- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - EOS Clip - P642-EOS
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - EOS Clip
The ProPlanet 642 BP is the latest in Astronomik's ProPlanet IR-pass filter line. This filter enables a wide variety of functions such as daytime IR photography, high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and capturing beautiful images of deep sky objects in H-alpha regions when employed for astrophotography.
Astronomik P642 filters offer a 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm. Contrary to Astronomik's P742 and P807 IR-pass filters, the P642 obstructs the longer infrared. Taken with the other two aforementioned filters, Astronomik now provides three options for your IR-imaging needs. The ProPlanet 642 will often be the optimal choice for ideal imaging.
- Images have a high level of contrast and superior color rendition
- Clear "wood effect" images
- No hot spot from longer IR!
- Almost identical short exposure times as normal VIS-imaging
- Optimally suited for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Adequate reduction of seeing
- Optimized contrast
- No ghosting with optimal sharpness due to longer IR obstruction
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Ideal transmission of the H-alpha line at 656 nm
- FWHM is around 40 nm with astro-modified DSLR cameras
- Spectacular contrast under heavy light pollution or moonlight
- Low cost filter for starting out with H-alpha imaging
- Camera display plus LiveView enables easy focusing
- Transmission is over 96% for wavelengths in the 642 nm to 842 nm range
- Blocks wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm
- Parfocal with all other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Provides full protection from scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a long-lasting, high quality plastic filter case
Astronomik Clip-Filter System for Canon EOS Cameras
Astronomik's patented Clip-Filter System consists of black anodized aluminum and is laser-cut on the most up-to-date machines. It can be directly inserted into the EOS camera body within seconds. No adjustments are required and all lens operations such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, remain functional! With the exception of the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses, as well as all M42 and T2 lens adapters, are suitable for use with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. This system also serves as an effective dust protector, keeping dust from settling on your sensor during extended exposures.