- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Pentax K1 Clip Filter - P642-PENTAX
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Filter - Pentax K1 Clip
This filter provides a 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm. Unlike Astronomik's other two ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Along with the ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik now gives you three choices for your IR-imaging needs. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the correct choice for optimal imaging.
The latest contribution to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP enables a wide range of daytime IR photography applications, as well as high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and, when used for astrophotography, stunning deep sky image captures of H-Alpha region objects.
- High contrast images boast excellent color presentation
- Clear images with "wood effect"
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times analogous to regular VIS-imaging
- Ideally suited for infrared videos
- Short exposure times
- Sufficient seeing decrease
- Improved contrast
- Longer IR is blocked to remove ghosting and facilitate maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Excellent 656 nm H-Alpha line transmission
- Close to 40 nm FWHM with astro-modified digital SLR cameras
- Incredible contrast even in moonlight or severely light polluted conditions
- Modest filter price favorable for casual H-Alpha imagers
- Camera display plus LiveView enables easy focusing
- Over 96% transmission for wavelengths in the 642 nm to 842 nm range
- Blocks 350 nm to 630 nm wavelengths
- Parfocal with any other filter carried by Astronomik
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Coatings provide complete insulation from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lower your telescope's optical performance level
- Astronomik filters are shipped with long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage container
Astronomik Pentax K-1 Clip Filter System
Compatible with Pentax K1 and K1 Mk II digital SLR cameras, this Pentax K1 clip filter is the newest member of the Astronomik clip filter family. Does not support camera models with APS-C sensors! Astronomik clip filters are designed to be used with traditional camera lenses for use with telescopes.