- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 31 mm Round - P642-31
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 31 mm
The most recent addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP facilitates an extensive array of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution Moon and planetary imaging, and taking awe-inspiring photos of deep sky targets in the H-Alpha portion of the spectrum when used for astro-imaging.
A 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm is provided by this filter. The P642 blocks the longer infrared, as opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters. For your IR-imaging requirements, Astronomik now offers three distinct options. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the proper choice for ideal imaging.
- High contrast images feature superb color rendition
- Transparent images with "wood effect"
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times comparable to regular VIS-imaging
- Works best for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Productive seeing decrease
- Optimized contrast
- Longer IR is blocked to remove ghosting and facilitate maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Finest H-Alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- Close to 40 nm FWHM with astro-modified Digital SLR cameras
- Amazing contrast in moonlight or in heavily light polluted conditions
- Sensibly priced filter for casual H-Alpha imagers
- Camera display coupled with LiveView allows easy focusing
- More than 96% transmission for wavelengths in the range between 642 nm to 842 nm
- Blocks 350 nm to 630 nm wavelengths
- Parfocal with all other available Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Fully resistant to the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting, high quality plastic filter container