- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Pass EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - P742-EOSXL
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter
- This EOS XL Full Frame Clip formatted Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter was designed specifically for planetary imaging
- Made with regards to the highest technical principles to enable the high level of optical performance necessary for imaging planets using telescopes with 5" to 8" aperture
- Only infrared light with wavelengths longer than 742 nm is allowed to pass through to the image
- Since the image is formed from IR light, atmospheric turbulence will have no affect on planets
- Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings to protect them from damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country noted for creating high quality optics!
- Compatible with full format Canon cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR EOS XL Clip Filter
Optimally equipped for imaging the Moon and planets, particularly Mars, with 6" (150 mm) and above aperture telescopes, the ProPlanet IR 742 filter from Astronomik only allows the transmittance of infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm. In this spectral region, seeing effects are significantly reduced compared to the visible spectrum of the human eye. This enables considerably sharper images than can be typically obtained from your device and location. The ProPlanet 742 IR also provides a dark sky background well into dawn, facilitating lunar and planetary photography even when the Sun is rising.
The Astronomik P742 filter cuts off the visible portion of the spectrum while accepting light from wavelengths longer than 742 nm. This results in a significant enhancement in lunar and planetary images. These images are more steady compared to the image in visible light, with exposure times that are very similar. Like all Astronomik filters, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik.
Lunar and planetary astrophotography is not the P742 IR filter's only purpose as it also enables incredible results in nature photography. When the EOS-Clip P742 filter model is used in an MC modified Digital SLR camera, you'll be able to achieve some exceptional terrestrial photography. This filter eliminates the area of the spectrum where chlorophyll appears green while displaying its high near infrared reflectiveness. Photographing trees in the spring and summer under blue skies gives you spectacular images with trees and clouds that appear white ahead of a near black background.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- More than 96% transmission for 742 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths
- Impedes unwanted wavelengths between 350 nm and 730 nm