- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - SII-EOSXL
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - EOS XL Full Frame Clip
- Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter in a full frame EOS Clip format designed for Canon Full-Format Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, and 6D
- Expressly made for CCD astrophotography operations
- Made with regards to the highest technical standards to provide the superior optical performance desired for deep sky imaging with your Canon EOS DSLR camera
- Lets SII light emissions pass while impeding nearly the entire remainder of the visual spectrum as well as IR
- Approximate FWHM bandwidth of 12 nm
- Ideally equipped for planetary nebulae and supernova remnant imaging
- German-made for supreme quality optics!
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD EOS Full Frame Clip Filter
An ultra narrow emission line filter, this SII 12 nm CCD filter in EOS full frame clip format is designed to work with Canon EOS Digital SLR cameras plus devices as fast as f/3.5 for CCD astrophotography applications only. Not appropriate for visual or solar operations. This filter enables the passage of ionized sulfur (SII) emission nebulae light to pass through to your sensor and fully blocks the rest of the spectrum at the same time, making it suitable for use in light polluted conditions.
The Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter, with its 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM), is ideal for common CCD cameras to allow the use of ultra fast optics. The optimal aperture ratio for the use of this filter spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15 with apertures of above 6" (150 mm). It should be noted that the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter features 96% transmission, which cannot be obtained by simply stacking more narrowband filters. Contrary to other filters, transmission reductions and chromatic distortions only arise with Astronomik filters in instances when exceptionally bright 1:2 or more aperture ratios come into play. Another advantage of 12 nm filters is the greater guide star availability for camera that incorporate an autoguider.
12 nm filters provide performance akin to 6 nm with the exception that, with 12 nm filters, stars in the background retain their sharpness. Meanwhile, 6 nm filters allow more enhanced contrast. Thus, for maximum contrast without reducing the background quality of your final image, it is optimal to use both the 6 nm and 12 nm filters together.
This filter, like all filters from Astronomik, is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. The SII 12 nm EOS Full Frame Clip Filter also offers exceptional resistance to the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity. All Astronomik filters come in a long-lasting plastic storage container of superior quality.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor.
- Typical 96% ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission
- Offers complete suppression of undesired light from UV up to IR