- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium 1.25" VIP 2X Barlow - VIPB
Baader 1.25" VIP 2X Barlow Lens
The Baader Planetarium VIP Modular Barlow is a complete high quality 2X photo-visual barlow system. The VIP (Visual and Photographic) Barlow is ingeniously designed for functionality and flexibility. It consists of several modular component parts, which enable you to configure the barlow for multiple visual and imaging uses.
- The Baader Barlow Lens Body has several modular elements that allows for configuration for both visual observation and CCD imaging
- Great for CCD imaging
- The Baader Barlow Lens has 7 layer multicoatings
- Dual lens element design
- Designed for the 1.25" format this barlow can also accept the 2" format, when the body configuration is adjusted
- 24 mm clear aperture to minimize vignetting
- Apochromatic, and field flattening design
The Baader 1.25" VIP Barlow provides you with 2X magnification. Both lens elements of the Baader 1.25" VIP Barlow are polished to a very high standard, and fully multi-coated, using the finest 7 layer multi-coatings available today; reflections per surface are less than 0.2%. The structural building blocks of the barlow interconnect using standard T-2 (42 mm) threads, enabling you to easily configure the system for multiple uses. The Baader 1.25" VIP Barlow takes an ideal companion to CCD cameras. Its large clear diameter will illuminate even the largest CCD detectors, and its apochromatic field flattening design will maintain the image quality of your telescope.
The heart of the VIP modular barlow is its precision air-spaced negative lens assembly. The large 24 mm clear diameter of the optics minimizes vignetting, and its design makes it well suited for high power planetary observing as well as for CCD cameras.
Designed to accept 1 1/4" eyepieces and fit 1 1/4" focusers, it also incorporates a 2" section for use in 2" focusers. The eyepiece holder uses dual nickel plated clamp screws for maximum convenience and security, and incorporates a captive spring bronze lock ring to prevent any possibility of damage to your eyepieces. The internal surfaces are all fully sharp V-threaded and blackened to eliminate stray light reflections. Surfaces are finely machined and satin anodized for function and appearance.
One of the distinguishing features of the VIP Modular Barlow is its construction from multiple interchangeable parts. The T-2/1 1/4" nosepiece barrel is threaded for standard 1 1/4" filters, and the 2"/1 1/4" reducer (#15) is threaded to accept 2" filters. The structural modules of this Baader 1.25" VIP Barlow interconnect using standard T-2 (42 mm) threads.