- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader 14mm Morpheus 76° Eyepiece - 1.25"/2" - MORPH-14
Baader 14mm Morpheus 76° Eyepiece
with 1.25”/2” Barrel and Cordura Case
Baader has done it again! The Morpheus line of wide field eyepieces gives you just about everything you could ask for in an eyepiece:
- The Baader Morpheus offers a true 76° undistorted field of view
- Great eye relief of 18.5mm for relaxed viewing
- Sharp stars across the field even with fast scopes
- Rare earth glass with Phantom Coatings
- All Morpheus eyepieces have 1.25” & 2” barrels for ultimate in flexibility
- Sealed housing for water resistance
- Blackened lens edges
- Baader Morpheus eyepieces are optimized for bino-viewing
- Photo-video thread for eyepiece projection
- Photo-luminescent engraving to help you pick the right eyepiece in the dark
- Comes with unique eyepiece holster, choice of eyecups and multiple caps
Baader Morpheus Optical Features
Full Field Sharpness: The sharp flat 76° field of the Morpheus is unsurpassed by any other modern wide field eyepiece. On-axis sharpness and contrast rivals Baader’s best planetary eyepieces, while delivering nearly equivalent performance over the full field. Stars remain diamond pinpoints as you move away from center, and the field remains flat and in focus, even in short focus telescopes.
Long Eye Relief: The Baader Morpheus pushes the envelope of comfortable wide field viewing further than ever before, delivering close to 20mm of eye relief along with best-in-class optical performance. Eyeglass wearers can comfortably take in the full field, and binoviewer users will find that the Morpheus series are the ultimate companion for viewing with two eyes.
Low Distortion: The Morpheus optical design delivers exceedingly low distortion (angular magnification distortion). Planets and lunar features retain their shapes as they transit the field and the true field sizes are close to theoretical. Many companies exaggerate at this point and deliberately use off-axis distortion magnification as a means to advertise blown "apparent" field sizes. You will be able to compare this given field size of 76° and find it to be the true value (apparent view angle as seen by the observer's eye).
Immersive Views: As avid observers themselves, the folks at Baader have studied the behaviors of most commonly available wide field eyepieces and listened to comments from other observers regarding the eyepieces they believe give the most palpable and engaging wide field viewing experience. What they found is that the subjective ‘spacewalk’ feeling is not just a function of field of view. Interestingly, some wide-field eyepieces with fields of 82 degrees failed to deliver the same viewing experience as others with similar fields, or even some with smaller fields. It was discovered that two additional primary factors played into the equation – Eye Relief (and the related large eye lens size) and Ease of Viewing (a combination of long eye relief and control of pupil aberrations). It was also found that fields much below 74 degrees tended to have a reduced effect. So, with this information in hand, Baader set out to design a new eyepiece with a field of view greater than 74° that met all of the other optical parameters necessary to deliver a truly "immersive" viewing experience where the eyepiece essentially disappears. The result is Morpheus®.
Phantom Coating® Group: Pioneered in the Hyperion lineup, the Phantom Group Multi-coatings have been further optimized for use in the Morpheus and index-matched to each of the different glasses.
Optimized Internal Baffling: As with all Baader Planetarium eyepieces, the internal mechanicals have been fully ray-traced and baffled to eliminate the effects of stray-light.
Baader Morpheus Mechanical Features
Optimized for Binoviewing: Every last bit of space has been squeezed out of the main body to minimize its size, giving maximum nose clearance for binoviewing.
Weight reduction: Every effort has been made to eliminate unnecessary weight - especially in view of effective binoviewing.
Foldable Eyecups: The Morpheus includes two soft rubber dual-position foldable eyeguards. These innovative eye cups have been developed to provide the optimal comfort and eye spacing for most users and eye glass wearers. The included special winged version provides the ultimate comfort and exclusion of stray light necessary for binoviewing with eyeglasses.
Safety Features: The 1.25” and 2" barrels of each Morpheus eyepiece incorporate Slip-Protect Safety Kerfs; the ideal safety compromise between smooth barrels and wide undercuts. The numerous shallow kerfs give additional grip and security from inadvertent drops from smooth sided barrels, without the annoying problems sometimes caused by traditional wide undercuts. A wide waffle-patterned rubber grip ring gives an extra measure of handling security.
Long lasting Photo-Luminescent Engraving: Over-sized, glow-in-the-dark engraving of the focal length makes it easy to choose the proper eyepiece without the need for a flashlight.
Photo-Video Adaptation: Like their Hyperion siblings, all Morpheus eyepieces make superb imaging projection optics. Each Morpheus includes a hidden M43 photo-video eye lens thread that permits use of Baader’s extensive range of Hyperion Digital T-Rings. These rings permit direct-thread attachment of practically any imaging device for the ultimate in rigidity and close-coupling for minimal vignetting.
Baader 14mm Morpheus 1.25”/2” Eyepiece Specs
- Focal Length: 14mm
- Barrel Size: 1.25”/2”
- Lens Elements: 8
- Lens Groups: 5
- Apparent Field of View: 76°
- Eye Relief: 18.5mm
- Field Stop Diameter: 18.85mm
- Back Focus Gain with 2” Barrel: 21mm
- Photo Video Adapter Thread: 43mm Standard
- Height: 85mm
- Length of 1.25” Barrel: 24mm
- Length of 2” Barrel: 21mm
- Outer Diameter: 55mm
- Weight: 12.7 ounces
- Parfocal: Yes, with all Morpheus Eyepieces
- Baader SKU: 2954214