- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Hyperion 8-24 Clickstop Zoom Eyepiece and 2.25X Hyperion Zoom Barlow Kit - ZMBAR
Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece & Barlow Kit
Includes 8mm-24mm Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece and 2.25X Zoom Barlow
This Hyperion Zoom Kit from Baader includes both the Baader Hyperion Zoom 8-24 Eyepiece and the Hyperion 2.25X Zoom Barlow. When you connect the two, the eyepiece will be converted from 8mm-24mm to 3.5mm - 10.7mm. The photograph shows the Hyperion Zoom Barlow attached to the 8mm-24mm Zoom Eyepiece in both 1.25" mode and 2" mode (the 2" adapter is included). See more information on both of these astronomical accessories below...Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!
Baader 8-24 Universal Zoom Mark IV Eyepiece - 1.25"/2"
The Baader Hyperion Universal 8-24 Zoom Mark IV Eyepiece is the latest and greatest generation of the classic 68º Baader Zoom! This wide field 1.25"/2" eyepiece is the most flexible we've seen. First of all, you can choose from five magnifications (8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm) with Baader's improved click stop action or stop anywhere in between. In other words, while this is a continuous zoom eyepiece, you will feel a click when you reach each of the five magnifications. This is perfect for binoviewing, but even single eyepiece users will appreciate knowing how much power they are viewing with by counting the clicks forward or back. The clicks are quieter on the new Mark IV as well, allowing you to change magnifications without disturbing animals you may be viewing or photographing.
The Baader Mark IV Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece comes with several accessories so that you can use it in a multitude of configurations and enjoy comfort at the eyepiece.
- Of course, you can use the Mark IV in either a 1.25" or 2" diagonal. It comes with a 1.25" and 2" nosepiece that threads solidly onto the eyepiece itself, and when used in conjunction with the Telescope Adapter B (included), the bottom of the eyepiece will stay safely away from the clamping screws of the diagonal. These barrels are compatible with 1.25" binoviewers that have a detachable eye rest.
- With the included 2" SC threaded adapter, you can achieve direct connection with compatible telescopes, or with diagonals that accept the optional Baader 2"/2" changer ring.
- The Spotting Scope Adapter A threads onto the eyepiece (with 1.25" barrel removed) and connects to all Celestron Ultima spotting scopes and those of similar designs. This special adapter gets the Mark IV 4mm further into the eyepiece clamp, allowing for infinity focus. If you have a Zeiss Diascope, there is a bayonet adapter available optionally that will connect the Mark IV Zoom to that spotting scope, and Baader says they plan to make more adapters in the near future.
- Finally, just like most of their eyepieces, the Baader Mark IV Hyperion Zoom has an M43 photo/video thread on top, allowing you to attach it directly to most video cameras. You can connect the eyepiece to a DSLR or T-2 accessory with the addition of an M43/T-2 Adapter Ring, which is sold separately.
- For comfort under varied viewing conditions, Baader has included three different eyecups. Choose from an adjustable height eye cup, a non-folding rubber eye cup, or a foldable wing-shaped eye cup, which is really nice for those who wear eyeglasses.
What's New About the Baader Mark IV Zoom Eyepiece?
- A slimmer 55mm diameter, as well as lower weight (10.2 ounces), make the Mark IV even better for binoviewing than the Mark III
- No more barrel undercuts! The Mark IV Zoom's eyepiece barrels have Zero-Tilt safety kerfs, a proprietary security measure that reduces the tendency of an eyepiece from slipping out of an unlocked eyepiece clamp.
- Zooming functions in cold weather have been improved, and the click-stop mechanism has been smoothed out for easier, and quieter, functionality.
- The Baader Mark IV Hyperion Zoom offers almost 4mm of extra back focus. This is especially important when it comes to spotting scope use since many spotters have a hard time coming to focus when adding some eyepieces. The addition of the A Adapter increases back focus to help the spotter reach infinity focus.
You will love the Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece! With long eye relief, a flat field design that provides sharp images across the entire field of view, Phantom Coating Group Multicoatings for amazing contrast and clarity, and a brand new heavy-duty carry case that will keep your beloved Mark IV safe when not in use, why wouldn't you love it?
Baader 2.25X Hyperion Zoom Barlow
- Baader Planetarium 2.25X Triplet Hyperion Zoom Barlow with T-Adapter is presented in a 1.25" barrel format and allows for a clear aperture of 13.2 mm
- Included with the 2.25X Triplet Hyperion Zoom Barlow is a T-adapter to mate with an optional camera T-Ring to create a 2.25X photo projection lens
- Also included with the 2.25X Triplet Hyperion is an adapter to accept Baader Hyperion Zoom eyepiece or other eyepieces with standard 1.25" threads
- The Triplet Hyperion Zoom Barlow has a high quality design, corrected for aberrations, coma, and astigmatism
- In order to change the levels of magnification on the 2.25X Triplet Hyperion Barlow you can use optional 1.25" T-Thread spacers
The Baader 2.25X Triplet Hyperion Zoom Barlow produces better performance using Hyperion Zoom Eyepieces. This Barlow can turn your Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece into a 3.5 - 10.7 mm eyepiece in an instant. The included T-2 adapter allows coupling to any of the 1.25" eyepiece holder or can be directly linked to a 1.25" eyepieces threads with other included adapters. Bascially any eyepiece designed with a 1.25" thread can be used allowing wide variety of configurations to suit your needs when using the Triplet Hyperion Zoom Barlow. When using a photo projection lens, use a T-Ring which connects to the T-Adapter.
Baader Planetarium 2.25X Triplet Hyperion Zoom Barlow Features:
- Enables dual 2" / 1.25" Barrel configuration with all Baader Hyperion Clickstop Zooms
- Threaded for standard 1.25" filters
- Optically matched for perfect optical performance with Hyperion 8-24 mm Clickstop Zoom
- Anastigmatic flat field design
- Modular Design
- Air-spaced triplet lens
- Fully internally blackened and baffled to eliminate stray light reflections