- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium 1.25" Solar Continuum Filter - FSOL-1
Baader 1.25" Solar Continuum Filter
Customer Please Note: For safe use, the Solar Continuum Filter MUST be used in conjunction with a PRIMARY solar filter (i.e. a Herschel Wedge Prism, or Baader AstroSolar Film, or other full-aperture telescope solar filter)! It must be placed AFTER the PRIMARY filter, and it CANNOT be used alone, or permanent eye and equipment damage will result!
- The Baader Solar Continuum Filter enhances the visibility of solar granulation and sunspot details
- Boosts solar image contrast and reduces effects of atmospheric turbulence
- Works with all telescopes
- The Baader Solar Continuum Filter Works for both visual observation and imaging
- Can be used a star test filter, with an appropriately bright star
- Superb Baader Planetarium quality
The Baader Solar Continuum Filter is truly a unique product from Baader Planetarium. A great accessory for solar observation, the Baader Solar Continuum Filter is a great compliment to any expensive solar telescope (specialized scope designed for safely viewing the Sun).
The new Baader Solar Continuum filter is designed to enhance the visibility of solar granulation and sunspot details. By transmitting a specific spectral region around 540 nm, free of emission and absorption lines, the Solar Continuum Filter is able to boost contrast and reduce the effects of atmospheric turbulence. With the Solar Continuum filter in place, images snap to focus, and granulation becomes regularly visible. This filter works well in all types of telescopes, for both visual and imaging. Users of SCTs and achromatic refractors will find it particularly beneficial, as it completely excludes the red and blue wavelengths, and centers on the peak visual wavelengths where the telescope optics are sharpest and most free from chromatic aberration.
The Solar Continuum filter by Baader also makes the perfect star test filter. Its narrow bandpass and complete blockage of longer and shorter wavelengths make it superior to standard green colored filters for testing refractors at their center design wavelength. Using this filter, more accurate appraisals of optical quality can be made, without the effects of spherochromatism or secondary color error. Due to the narrow 10 nm bandpass however, star testing will require a bright star!