- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium 2" Contrast Booster Filter - FCB-2
Baader 2" Contrast Booster Telescope Filter
The Baader 2" Contrast Booster Telescope Filter takes contrast enhancement and skyglow reduction to the maximum level possible. Not only does the Baader Planetarium Contrast Booster telescope filter deliver a significant enhancement of planetary and lunar contrasts, but it is designed to also totally eliminate the damaging blue defocused haze present in achromatic refractors.
The Baader Contrast Booster Filter combines a special proprietary melt of Neodymium glass with a carefully designed 23 layer dielectric long-pass blocker on one face, and a 7-layer ultra-low antireflection coating on the other face. By aggressively filtering out the defocused blue wavelengths, a light yellow tint is imparted to objects (noticeably less than a typical yellow filter). The special coatings enable over 95% transmission across key portions of the visible spectrum.
As many users have found, this is the ideal filter for Mars! The views of Mars with all telescopes (including reflectors and apochromats) benefit from the RGB filtration plus blue blocking. This filter retains the colors and color contrasts in tough subjects like Jupiter, without excessive image dimming. Cloud bands retain their ruddy red hues, but now become more striking in contrast. The Great Red Spot finally becomes easier. Planets and Lunarscapes are set against a jet black sky. The Contrast-Booster is a must for Solar observing (with Baader Astro Solar).
Combined with the Baader UV-IR-Cut Filter, the Contrast-Booster makes the ideal filter set for digital imaging. Rather than add the cost of additional IR filtration (only needed for digital imaging), the Baader Contrast Booster has been optimized for visual use. Digital imagers can simply add the Baader UV-IR-Cut Filter when needed. The true 1/4 wave optically polished surfaces guarantee sharpness and contrast. The substrate is a special custom melt of Neodymium-doped glass, designed for specific transmission characteristics, and made only for Baader Planetarium. In addition to its unique spectral characteristics, the Contrast-Booster offers Baader's hallmark optical and mechanical features that result in the best possible image sharpness, contrast, and real-world durability.
Baader Contrast Booster Filter Properties:
- Eliminates the color error of economy Refractors
- Clearly puts the real quality of the lens on display
- Removes the bluish hue (= lack of contrast) during lunar-, planetary-, solar- and terrestrial observation!
- Strongly emphasizes surface detail on Jupiter and Mars! If you have never seen the GRS (Great Red Spot) on Jupiter - with this filter you will!
- Over 95% transmission - provides a bright, brilliant image compared to the usual dark green color filters, used to bring out detail on Jupiter. Color recognition will be retained!
- The ultimate in lunar filters! - Moon (and Sun!) appear much more natural in color (with a slight yellowish tint), compared to the usual low priced dark green Moon-filters, usually offered for beginners telescopes.
- Completely removes distracting false color and the resulting smeared and washed out image details. You have never ever seen the Moon or the Sun (with AstroSolar Safety Film) so tack sharp in an economy priced telescope!
- Blocks atmospheric stray light (skyglow). Sky-background turns into pitch black!
- Fits each and every standard filter thread;
- Combines with the (planoptically polished) Baader Infrared Cut-Filter. In this combination all blue scatter as well as unfocused near infrared light is completely removed - an absolute Must for digital imaging!
- Planoptically polished, suitable for being used in front of a binocular viewer, or for afocal image projection during digital imaging (way in front of the focal plane!)
- No deterioration of resolution with magnifications of 150x and more - as with raw polished (flame polished) glass!
- Substrate (glass melt): Neodymium doped glass
- Coating / rear face: 7-layer hard-multicoating, featuring 0,2% reflection
- Coating / front face: 23-layer dielectric long pass blocker
- Ionbeam hardened coatings on both faces, absolutely scratch resistant - may be cleaned any time without fear