- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium M68 Tele-Compendium - M68-CONN
Baader Planetarium M68 Tele-Compendium
The M68 Tele-Compendium provides telescope connection for Baader FFC (Fluorite Flatfield Converter) and telecentric systems. It contains the following 9 components:
- Four-in-one Adapter - T-2 Version
- 40 mm T-2 Extension Tube
- 80 mm M68 Extension Tube
- 2x 40 mm M68 Extension Tubes
- 2x 10 mm M68 Extension Tubes
- UltraShort 2" Eyepiece Clamp
- 2" T-2 Nosepiece
Telescopes used for profressional astrophotography must avoid any deflexure under load. This flexure is not an issue for those who only use their telescope as a visual instrument, but for photography or spectroscopy, any glitches will render your results useless. Therefore, not only do you need a tough mount with a sturdy connection to the telescope, you also need a premium focuser with a strong connection to cameras and other equipment, particularly if they are used with long accessories such as telecentric systems. Normally, these accessories are only linked via a simple plug-in connection. Long accessories can still tilt due to the long lever even with a good, self-centering eyepiece holder with brass clamping ring. This tilt will spoil the entire process. There is no modification better than a liberally sized screw coupling. Baader's M68 Tele-Compendium resolves this issue by combining the functionality of a photographic compendium or matte box, which is a versatile lens hood, with an extremely sturdy and flexible telescope adapter. The Tele-Compendium is based on the M68 thread used by large Zeiss telescopes. This makes M68 largely ubiquitous and ideal for providing a strong connection of optical accessories such as the Fluorite Flatfield Converter (FFC) for planetary photography, or a telecentric system in conjunction with H-Alpha systems for solar observation.
Baader Planetarium Tele-Compendium Connections
The Tele-Comendium is screwed onto the telescope. On the telescope side, threads exist for 2.7" AP, M68 Zeiss, M60 Vixen, and a female M56 Synta thread. Optional adapters for the following systems are available:
- TEC/Feather Touch focusers
- Baader 3" Steeltrack and Hyperion focusers
- Pentax SD telescopes
- Celestron (3.3" SC thread)
- Zeiss (M68 quick changer)