- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium Rowe Triplet Coma Corrector for Newtonians - RCC-I
Baader Rowe Coma Corrector for Newtonians
The Baader Planetarium Rowe Coma Corrector lens was built for Newtonian telescopes that have a Long Working Distance. This is a superb, specialized product that enhances the imaging experience. The Rowe Coma Corrector does exactly what its name implies; it corrects the coma (aberration) which would naturally be observed in the images from Newtonian telescopes. This is especially important for imaging, where coma will be very evident (and unpleasant) in your images, without this corrector lens.
- The Baader Rowe Coma Corrector was Designed by Dave Rowe
- The Baader Rowe Corrector RCC-1 has a triplet lens design built for use with f/4 Newtonian telescopes, including a range of f/3.5 to f/6
- Image Ratio - 1 : 1 (unity)
- The Baader Rowe Corrector is the only coma corrector that allows for CCD Cameras with filter wheels and adaptive optics without having to extend the aperture ratio
- Range: f/3.5 - f/6
- Focus position (ideal chip distance): 91.5 mm from T2 thread / 94.5 mm from M48 thread
- Telescope side connection: 2" diameter with M48 Filter thread
- Camera side connection: T2 (M42 x 0.75) and M48 thread
- Maximum depth: 73 mm; with the stop ring removed: 75 mm; with the stop ring removed and with the RCC Off Axis Guider: 84 mm
- Case Diameter: 50.8 mm (2")
If you want to connect your camera (without an Off-Axis Guider) to an RCC through a T-Ring, we'd recommend a VariLock 46 T-2 extender (2956946 #25V) with an engraved half-millimeter scale, so that the ideal distance between the camera chip + T-Ring and the RCC can be produced quickly even at e.g. 36.5 mm. In the RCC-triplet optical system, each glass-to-air surface is complete with Baader's Phantom Group Coating (R matted), in order to obtain maximum light throughput.