- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader UV IR-Cut L Filter - 2" Mounted - FUVIR-2
Baader UV-IR Cut L Filter - 2" Mounted
The Baader UV-IR Cut/L Filter is a must for all digital imaging with DSLR cameras, CCD cameras, and modified webcams. It removes the unwanted UV and IR wavelengths from your images by blocking UV below 400 nm and IR above 680 nm. The Baader UV-IR Cut filter is also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar, etc). This UV-IR Cut filter is mounted in a 2" threaded low profile cell.
Due to their extremely high optical quality, these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster, the UV / IR Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology to deliver the finest filtration quality, and lifetime durability.
Baader UV / IR Cut Filter Features:
- Unmatched 98% average transmission
- Freedom from ghost images; very low reflection multi-coating, striae-free, and plane-parallel substrate
- Extremely sharp cutoff at 690 nm but leaves all the visible red, including the important 656 nm H-alpha emission line
- Sharp cutoff below 400 nm
- Eliminates violet halos around bright stars, more effectively than simpler Minus Violet photographic filters
- True optical quality glass substrate and coatings; don't spend all your money on quality telescope optics, only to place a lower grade filter in the light path
- Combine with any of the Baader filters to deliver the sharpest images possible