- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium Flip Mirror II Star Diagonal - BFM-II
Baader Flip Mirror II Star Diagonal
- The Baader Planetarium Flip Mirror II Star Diagonal contains three ports:
- A straight-through port with S52, M48, and T-2 thread on both sides for full frame cameras, spectrographs, and other instruments.
- A top port with adjustable T-2 thread for eyepiece clamps, video modules (up to 32 mm image circle), or even a binoviewer.
- A bottom flange that supports the optional Baader Flip Mirror II Off-Axis Guider, as well as an optional calibration lamp that allows quick spectra calibration without having to take out the spectrograph.
- Featuring multi-layer AI coatings, the precise surface-mirrored flip mirror enables high resolution images with small pixel cameras.
- The flip mirror back also contains AI coatings and is masked to steer the light of an optional calibration lamp to the slit of a spectrograph.
- Facilitates precision adjustment for every light path.
- Provides the shortest possible overall length for any applications for compatibility with an abundance of adapters including the Baader Astro T-2, M48, and UFC (Universal Filter Changer) systems.
- Both the front and rear contain rotatable M48 connection rings with hardened, stainless steel construction that are backlash-free adapted to the Flip Mirror housing. These are fixable in the ideal position for rotating any accessory around the optical axis.
- Set up to accept an optional toothed belt for motorization, a basic requirement for image acquisition, guiding, and spectroscopy in remote observatories.
Various Ports for Variable Work
Telescope auxillary instruments encompass a broad spectrum of interests, from cameras using a lone eyepiece, to high end spectroscopy. It is unfortunate, therefore, that all telescopes only have one exit port. This leads to unrelenting manual exchange of parts in low visibility, a giant time waster that only serves to wear out the parts and cause unwanted stress. Plus, if you decide to begin controller your telescope remotely, the single port becomes a troublesome presence.
Improving workflow, especially during astrophotography, is the goal set out for the Baader BFM II. This is not just a simple flip mirror but much more, as there are three ports to be put into action.
The Baader Flip Mirror II Star Diagonal enables an assortment of permanent telescope adaptations. These include rotary knob use, switching between the rear port and the top port, using a separately sold toothed belt for motorized operation, and using the bottom port to connect an optional autoguider or calibration lamp.
Baader Flip Mirror II Star Diagonal General Function
The Baader BFM II allows a straight light path for cameras and other measuring instruments to be interchanged with an angled light path for eyepieces. In addition, a calibration lamp for spectrographs or an Off-Axis Guider pickoff-prism (that is not affected by the mirror position) can be connected to the Aux port on the bottom.