- Reduces f/10 SCT's to f/5.9 and produces a sharp, wide, flat field!
- 35 mm clear optical aperture
- Designed by Astro-Physics' Roland Christen
- Air-spaced doublet with 7-layer anti-reflection multi-coatings
- Four pieces consist of lens cell, two 19 mm spacers (removable) & flanged end ring
- For f/10 & slower Schmidt-Cassegrain's. Will not work with Meade f/6.3 models
- This Baader Planetarium Telecompressor mounts directly to the 2" SolarSpectrum H-Alpha filter for a 0.7x focal length reduction of a telecentric system.
- Working distance to the camera's sensor measures 110 mm long.
- 2" male threads on both sides enable attachment to the Baader Universal Flange Adapter included with the SolarSpectrum H-Alpha filter.
- Telescompressors allow you to make minor adjustments to the focal length when viewing conditions are less than ideal, as well as increase the size of the field for photographic or webcam applications.
- With a 46 mm clear aperture throughout, this Research Grade Baader Planetarium 0.4x Telecompressor is optimally suited for SolarSpectrum RG46 H-Alpha filters in spite of their size.
- Attaching directly to the SolarSpectrum filter, this 0.4x Telecompressor brings about a substantial reduction in focal ratio from f/30 to f/10.
- The 74 mm working distance to the camera sensor is ideal for video capture as well as full disc solar imaging.
- 16 mm corrected image field coincides with the TZ-3 Telecentric system.
- 2" male threads on each side fit the Baader Universal Flange Adapter included with the SolarSpectrum H-Alpha filter.
- This Baader 0.4x Telecompressor can both improve poor viewing conditions and expand the field of view for photographic or Lucky exposure imaging by enabling focal length adjustments.
- 2" to 1.25" Focal Reducer from Baader Planetarium designed especially for the BDS-NT Diamond Steeltrack Focuser.
- Contributes only 4.5" of optical height.
- A 2" filter holder with M48 inner thread is included with this 1.25" reducer.